When Do You Start To Beleive

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Lets hope any ill will is soon mended, If fact "least said, soonest Mended" as my Gran used to say. 

Jack :unsure:   ( with his sensitive head on) :)

I see nothing to mend here.we are all adults and I am sure we all have said things we all don't agree on too.

If I have said something wrong I am sorry if people don't want to accept that.well grow up then.

That last bit was ment as fun

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)

I give everyone a chance and will stop it point blank after that.

Chris that is what I am doing each in turn

Edited by stevewool
  • Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
Steve's wife was sent to nursing school in the Philippines,

Emma has never been to a nursing school in the Philippines Chris,

Once Emma finished University she entered into the diplomatic services , was there a few years but once her mum took ill she had to Finish work to take care of her , but thats another story

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

The only thing I believe here is, if you lend money there's not much chance you will ever see it again. I'm with Dave on this one, as my grandma used to say  " never a borrower or lender be " good advice I think. Every time I do the right thing and lend someone money whether here or back in Oz there always seems to be some problem getting it back and I have enough things to worry about than if someone I helped out can't even have the decency to keep up there end of the bargain. When I get asked I just say I would really like to help but the dog is sick and needs the vet, people have a soft spot for animals.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Moral is don't make it to easy.

Agreed 110% (as with anything there are exceptions)

Since I live urban, every year I am besieged by teens asking for donations (and other groups also, but stick with the teens) for their basketball league. Each street has its own team so I get hit 15 times. First year here I gave a couple of hundred to each. After I had lived here a couple of years and learned the dynamic I changed a bit. I now say, "if I give to one I have to give to all and that's a lot of money, but if you come tomorrow, I have some work around the house you can do for me". 3 of 15 teams came by...and I have a very clean car. :cheersty:

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

. Each street has its own team so I get hit 15 times.

:thumbsup:  Same here Scott but now after some years we allocate a set amount to the Barangay Sports Committee.

:rolleyes:  With receipts, Insisted on, No receipts this year, NO Donation next year , explain that to the teams if you Dare. 

Jack :)

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

:hystery:  Sorry but I just gotta tell you all this. I am not sure if we are off topic but it is all relivent based on the Word Believe and the contents of the Topic, Steve & Chris you will both love this and i think the rest will ROTFL

Not long ago about 1 hour maybe, My wife rang me to say that the nearest niece had text her to Borrow? 4 kilo of Rice as YEP! they had none. OK so the daughter comes up and I bag up the Rice from our Container wait NO! I bagged up some NFA Rice we buy for the Dogs, Government Issue so it is Good Rice ( Well the NFA say it is.) 

About 1/2 an Hour ago I get a Victor Meldrew happening ( UK Actor) post-2148-0-97910200-1449020964_thumb.jp

She came round ( The niece) and asked why did you send me NFA Rice and not the VITARICE you had delivered Yesterday? Can you BELIEVE this Cheeky madam.

Just where do I go one this.?

Jack  :)

LOL what is Wednesday without an EDIT 

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Here's a line you could try:

I realize you are not my maid (carpenter, gardener or insert option here).  You must realize I am not your bank.  BUT, if you want to act like my maid for a while, perhaps I could act like your bank for a while.   :hystery:

• Like 5