When Do You Start To Beleive

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

True story, my partners brother rang one day to ask for a loan, I asked what for, apparently a friend of his needed some cash for something or other and as he had spent (lost) all his salary gambling and it wasn't pay week, could we lend him the money so he could lend it to his mate because he was a really good friend, well after picking myself off floor, told him to go and fornicate someplace.

Unfortunately I know exactly where you are coming from, We have a SIL that gambles and it is just about the one thing I will not lend anything because of it, She lost here job again only a couple of weeks ago because she got involved in a "GAME" she could not leave as she was Down, she had Borrowed 2 weeks wages and still was down, in the End the Employer caught up with her at the game and just paid the Losses and Fired her, on the Spot, loss of Face and loss of Job and I guess never to be trusted again. 

It is a fact of life here that lessons are never Learned and we, ( Well some) make matters worse by keep bailing people out but when it comes to gambling and/or Drinking, Our Door is just not open any more. I feel sorry for the Children but wait they are not children anymore so it is a part of the Family that has just lost out. Seems no one can trust even Children of gamblers.

Sorry, I will get of my Soap box now as this area of life is the Pits. with no Bottom.

Jack :unsure:

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

One thing I find strange, is a family member borrows money, never pays it back and wonders why you say no the next time, do they have no shame.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

One thing I find strange, is a family member borrows money, never pays it back and wonders why you say no the next time, do they have no shame.

Chris they only feel the shame we give them, That is where the face thing comes in as usual. A Local says no OH! OK

we say No they take it as we are shaming them and we are wrong to say NO

Jack :)

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
The only thing I believe here is, if you lend money there's not much chance you will ever see it again.

Yes i agree to , but to try to get to the never ever again you might lose a little cash on the way there,

I was surprised to have the money back and around Christmas time too, and my plan was if it was not back , sorry you cannot borrow again, its took a long time to get to where i am on doing this but i am still happy knowing what i am doing for now

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

:hystery:  Sorry but I just gotta tell you all this. I am not sure if we are off topic but it is all relivent based on the Word Believe and the contents of the Topic, Steve & Chris you will both love this and i think the rest will ROTFL

Not long ago about 1 hour maybe, My wife rang me to say that the nearest niece had text her to Borrow? 4 kilo of Rice as YEP! they had none. OK so the daughter comes up and I bag up the Rice from our Container wait NO! I bagged up some NFA Rice we buy for the Dogs, Government Issue so it is Good Rice ( Well the NFA say it is.) 

About 1/2 an Hour ago I get a Victor Meldrew happening ( UK Actor) attachicon.gifvictor meldrew.jpg

She came round ( The niece) and asked why did you send me NFA Rice and not the VITARICE you had delivered Yesterday? Can you BELIEVE this Cheeky madam.

Just where do I go one this.?

Jack  :)

LOL what is Wednesday without an EDIT 

I DONT BELEIVE IT :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Here's a line you could try:

I realize you are not my maid (carpenter, gardener or insert option here).  You must realize I am not your bank.  BUT, if you want to act like my maid for a while, perhaps I could act like your bank for a while.   :hystery:

Now that all depends on what you may be wanting the maid to do :cheersty:

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

Sorry but I just gotta tell you all this. I am not sure if we are off topic but it is all relivent based on the Word Believe and the contents of the Topic, Steve & Chris you will both love this and i think the rest will ROTFL Not long ago about 1 hour maybe, My wife rang me to say that the nearest niece had text her to Borrow? 4 kilo of Rice as YEP! they had none. OK so the daughter comes up and I bag up the Rice from our Container wait NO! I bagged up some NFA Rice we buy for the Dogs, Government Issue so it is Good Rice ( Well the NFA say it is

Yes well we get in 50 kg of Sinandomeng and we have a small stock of what father in law gets from the field, still this extended family will consume that in under 30 days. Gina hides some in various places, but mother in law can usually find out where. We stun them with a 10 kg bag of NFA rice last week of the month and if that runs out and we still have our own, Gina quietly cooks ours separately, but it's a battle.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Seems to me that some of the locals here have more neck than a giraffe when it comes to other peoples money.

:hystery:  Given a chance they can spend it quicker than you. Isn't odd, how when My wife goes shopping with her Sister or a friend she spends more than she would if it was just her and the "Mighty Atom" ( daughter) this one is better, colour etc NO! it's dearer yet they would buy the Cheaper. AH So is life EH?

Jack :lol:

Jack that's it in a nutshell, you lend they spend and boy can they spend....especially when not their money

True story, my partners brother rang one day to ask for a loan, I asked what for, apparently a friend of his needed some cash for something or other and as he had spent (lost) all his salary gambling and it wasn't pay week, could we lend him the money so he could lend it to his mate because he was a really good friend, :hystery: well after picking myself off floor, told him to go and fornicate someplace.

To me reading this was good, you got the truth from the person who wanted the cash,

Thats one of the big issues to me , what are they wanting it for

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Simple answer is NO, but they have a great smile when asking again

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Chris they only feel the shame we give them, That is where the face thing comes in as usual. A Local says no OH! OK

we say No they take it as we are shaming them and we are wrong to say NO

Jack :)

That is so true Jack, never thought of it that way, face to face is the best way to do it, well over here it is, but come to think about it, when those who have asked before and i said no did not speak to Emma for months ,

Remind to myself always send a letter saying NO

• Like 1