When Do You Start To Beleive

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I must be the luckiest guy in the world! For those who don't know, a quick catch-up... Av and I broke up, I met someone new, broke up over something silly and my fault, got back with av for a couple days, broke up and back to Lai... So... Lai and her mom have a small sari sari that losses money because her mom lends everything and doesn't get paid back... It she takes credit and doesn't get paid.. And it drives Lai nuts! I found her crying one day and finally found out that they had almost no stock left and no money thanks to her mom... This is their only source of income so she was lost as to what to do... I offered to lend her p5000 to restock with but SHE WOULDN'T ACCEPT!!! Before I left, I dropped the money on the floor by the door into the store... When I got home, I had a phone call from a very irate girlfriend! Lol! I insisted I had no idea where it came from but, since then? Every couple weeks? I find another couple hundred pesos in my pocket... In my favorite mug... Under my pillow... And once inside my empty salt shaker... Funny... She says she has no idea where it came from!

Yup! I guess I'm one of the lucky ones!

:)

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Simple answer is NO, but they have a great smile when asking again

AH!  that famous Filipino Smile   :hystery: post-2148-0-85408500-1449039227_thumb.jp Bless Em all!

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted
Emma has never been to a nursing school in the Philippines Chris, Once Emma finished University she entered into the diplomatic services , was there a few years but once her mum took ill she had to Finish work to take care of her , but thats another story

Apologies again Steve, I was ranting on a bit yesterday, about something which is a family matter to you and EMS. It is always going to be a tough decision and in my opinion because you are both working, they will target you.

The thing is, whether the cause is legit, eg genuine emergency or just a hand out expecting charity, they definitely need the money and that's what makes it hard to decide.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Hope it stays that way Bob. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Top and bottom of all this boys and maybe girls too, is i think Emma is becoming a little westernized , deep down she may know the answer but being a very good daughter to her dad , and maybe not a very good sister or sister in law to the rest who all work, she relies on me to say no most of the time , like i say i dont mind being the one whos not nice

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Emma has never been to a nursing school in the Philippines Chris, Once Emma finished University she entered into the diplomatic services , was there a few years but once her mum took ill she had to Finish work to take care of her , but thats another story

Apologies again Steve, I was ranting on a bit yesterday, about something which is a family matter to you and EMS. It is always going to be a tough decision and in my opinion because you are both working, they will target you.

The thing is, whether the cause is legit, eg genuine emergency or just a hand out expecting charity, they definitely need the money and that's what makes it hard to decide.

Thanks Chris, Water under the bridge my friend,

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

One thing these people fail to understand (wether they are here or our own countries)is that once we have been bitten by a false claim we find it hard to believe anybody next time.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Simple answer is NO, but they have a great smile when asking again

AH!  that famous Filipino Smile   :hystery: attachicon.gifFilipino smiles.JPG Bless Em all!

That picture is after they recieved a cash remit from an ofw relative.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I must be the luckiest guy in the world! For those who don't know, a quick catch-up... Av and I broke up, I met someone new, broke up over something silly and my fault, got back with av for a couple days, broke up and back to Lai... So... Lai and her mom have a small sari sari that losses money because her mom lends everything and doesn't get paid back... It she takes credit and doesn't get paid.. And it drives Lai nuts! I found her crying one day and finally found out that they had almost no stock left and no money thanks to her mom... This is their only source of income so she was lost as to what to do... I offered to lend her p5000 to restock with but SHE WOULDN'T ACCEPT!!! Before I left, I dropped the money on the floor by the door into the store... When I got home, I had a phone call from a very irate girlfriend! Lol! I insisted I had no idea where it came from but, since then? Every couple weeks? I find another couple hundred pesos in my pocket... In my favorite mug... Under my pillow... And once inside my empty salt shaker... Funny... She says she has no idea where it came from!

:)

That makes 2 of us then Bob as I never get asked for money from my current family.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

That picture is after they recieved a cash remit from an ofw relative.

post-2148-0-84160100-1449040339_thumb.jp

• Like 1