Left Handed People ( They Say Only 10% Of The Worlds Population)

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
Interesting! given the% stated of the world wide population I would say that this is remarkable, do you think it was a teaching thing between them, 1 is so most of the others followed? Is the Eldest Left handed?

The eldest is left-handed, father is left-handed, even a number of cousins are left-handed (but I don't know if it's also a majority of the cousins).  I don't even know about aunts and uncles.

Was it a teaching thing?  There is that possibility, but knowing their family, there is no single overarching influence.  They are their own characters and respect their differences. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Interesting! given the% stated of the world wide population I would say that this is remarkable, do you think it was a teaching thing between them, 1 is so most of the others followed? Is the Eldest Left handed?

The eldest is left-handed, father is left-handed, even a number of cousins are left-handed (but I don't know if it's also a majority of the cousins).  I don't even know about aunts and uncles.

Was it a teaching thing?  There is that possibility, but knowing their family, there is no single overarching influence.  They are their own characters and respect their differences. 

Thanks for that my friend and it is even more remarkable in that it stems to the outer family in Cousins, I wonder if this a sort  of Family phenomena  in the Philippines or just a one off? I find one in an Oh so many and you got as family of them "WOW"  

maybe I will do a little more research as this has me interested where as before a LH was just a LH  :)

No disrespect to our left handers my Friends but.................... When somethings interests me I go for it.

Jack :thumbsup:

Morning All :morning1:

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

When my eldest daughter started school the teaches tried to discourage her from writing with her left hand, I had a quiet word with the teacher to let her choose which hand to write with, but I remember the daughter always complaining about everything only being made for right handed people. No one else in the family is left handed.

I worked in a mechanical establishment for a few years and whenever a new apprentice started someone would send them off to find a left handed screw driver, sounds childish now but at the time was kinda funny

Edited by frosty (chris)
  • Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

When my eldest daughter started school the teaches tried to discourage her from writing with her left hand, I had a quiet word with the teacher to let her choose which hand to write with, but I remember the daughter always complaining about everything only being made for right handed people. No one else in the family is left handed.

I worked in a mechanical establishment for a few years and whenever a new apprentice started someone would send them off to find a left handed screw driver, sounds childish now but at the time was kinda funny

Hey Frosty, I got one of those too!  It matches my left handed socket wrench and I'm never confused about torquing down a bolt from underneath.....he, he.  

Speaking of which, Australia is in the southern hemisphere and I always freak out when the water drains in the opposite direction. No wonder I got really screwed up when guzzling some beer down my pipe.  

Bottoms up Mate!

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted

is the M-16/M-4 available for the left trigger finger

:1 (103): sailors

Heh heh, there is an attachment that theoretically will keep the casing from hitting the shooter, but its rarely used. Unless the weapon has been fired a whole bunch and is real dirty the casing is ejected with enough force at a right angle to the shooter, its usually the guy firing next to you that gets a hot casing down the back of the shirt :hystery:

Called a brass deflector. In the 1980s no lefty in their right mind, haha, would shoot without one. Best way to a chest tattoo.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

• Like 2

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted

Methinks this thread has taken a sinister turn [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1