Why Does It Bother Us So Much (Or Does It?) Our Spending As Seen By Locals

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

:unsure:  Maybe I am just thinking aloud here but it is something along the lines of another Topic of late that has just prompted me to Open this up.

On this other Topic we are talking about Lazy, Selfish or just Some with not a ounce of Responsibility to their Families. 

We have discussed Lending, Gifting and many other things that sometimes gets us into the negative side of the Locals and more Importantly the Family.

Over time we ask here, How do the family and our local neighbours view us?

My locals around here will say OH! you are Rich, My family think I have a bottomless Piggy bank at times but of course, we all know that we are in the main most of us on Fixed Incomes and some like Azon and I have Interests that yeald a little additional.

Thinking on the Other Topic a while ago, I came to remember something that the Young man who really had no clue about his baby said to me. But Sir, you said I should be Working yet here you are and it is every day having a beer and talking. Well of course it is no secret that I do go to the Sori, Sori, Every day for my 2 bottles but then as I explained to him, I can Afford it and my Wife, is at work and I have done my chores for the day. 

Sometime later, a couple of the Older wives were sniggering about the Time. One said OH! it must be 6 past as Sir Jack is here having his beer. His wife will be home soon and he will go to eat.

Now all this may seem a little Strange but why should it worry me what they think or say, I have done my bit for prosperity, We worked hard, we planned, we saved and we came. We did what we set out to do yet some have no Idea what we all had to do to get where we are and live the life we want on the Budget we have. A planned budget in the main.

What I am trying to say is all we are doing is what we set out to do ( Well me at least) We can't help that many here can't plan and live what ever life they can afford. We all know that if we don't have the Peso in our pocket, we can't have what we want this week/month but they do and Borrow.

We can all go on forever talking about this type of thing but I ask, WHY do we let it bother us so much that We can but some can't ?  and it does bother a lot of us or we would not talk about it so much. 

Thank You Reading my Morning Drivel.

Jack :)

Maybe it`s some kind of human compassion.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Maybe it`s some kind of human compassion.te name='sonjack2847' timestamp='1449119299' post='167675'] Maybe it`s some kind of human compassion.

Maybe it`s some kind of human compassion.Compression more like   :)

Jack :unsure:

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)

Your own brothers and sisters some times come across as jealous when it seems you may have more then them.

Yes you may a little more cash.but I bet I have a lot more stress

Edited by stevewool
  • Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

In a lot of cases successful people tend to take the attitude,well if I can do it so can everyone else. If that was true we would all be millionaires. Whether we believe it or not there is a certain amount of luck in life. Being in the right place at the right time,turning left or turning right etc.

There is a saying hard work never kill anyone, what a load of cr.p.

Yes you do get out of life what you put into it,but I'm sure glad I was born in England.

People only see what they want to see and when your down on your luck it is easy to become envious of others.

On a final note I was full of admiration for the founder of FB who has decided to give away 99% of his fortune to make the World a more peaceful place for his new born child to grow up in.

Thank you for renewing my faith in human beings....JB

As Louie Armstrong sings....What a wonderful World

Left handed Johnny correction again

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Whether we believe it or not there is a certain amount of luck in life. Being in the right place at the right time,turning left or turning right etc.

JB I agree but can I add that there is a thing as making your own luck as in Trying. From the OP's perspective and certainly mine, I tend to think the ones we are talking about are just not looking or do I really mean not bothering to.

Jack :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

Part of the reason it may bother you is that you can clearly see how to prevent running out of money. Why, therefore, cannot others see the same thing? The answer is simple, but not easy to fix: the herd, on the path, thinks only in terms of what's right in front of them, not what's coming up around the next curve.

It took me most of my life to learn strategic planning. It wasn't taught in school. In fact, it was a woman who was a Chartered British Accountant who taught me proper business planning. This was in early 2007. Now, I can't imagine not having a plan for anything that has long-term consequences. Ironically, many of my writing clients (business owners) fly by the seat of their pants. Unsurprisingly, most go out of business. I harp on the theme that you MUST have a written business plan, including an exit strategy for when it's time to retire. They say, "Yeah, I'll get around to it". I email them this: post-5148-0-02581400-1449145859_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

it was a woman who was a Chartered British Accountant

Ah! I see my Problem now, as an ACA (I retrained after 27 years RAF) I think to far ahead.

Jack  :)

• Like 1

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

Ah! I see my Problem now, as an ACA (I retrained after 27 years RAF) I think to[o] far ahead. Jack :)

That's the thing: what you take for granted, others know not. If folks come to you for money, do you demand collateral, or a written business plan? I wager 99% would walk away, disgruntled.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

:unsure:  Maybe I am just thinking aloud here but it is something along the lines of another Topic of late that has just prompted me to Open this up.

On this other Topic we are talking about Lazy, Selfish or just Some with not a ounce of Responsibility to their Families. 

We have discussed Lending, Gifting and many other things that sometimes gets us into the negative side of the Locals and more Importantly the Family.

Over time we ask here, How do the family and our local neighbours view us?

My locals around here will say OH! you are Rich, My family think I have a bottomless Piggy bank at times but of course, we all know that we are in the main most of us on Fixed Incomes and some like Azon and I have Interests that yeald a little additional.

Thinking on the Other Topic a while ago, I came to remember something that the Young man who really had no clue about his baby said to me. But Sir, you said I should be Working yet here you are and it is every day having a beer and talking. Well of course it is no secret that I do go to the Sori, Sori, Every day for my 2 bottles but then as I explained to him, I can Afford it and my Wife, is at work and I have done my chores for the day. 

Sometime later, a couple of the Older wives were sniggering about the Time. One said OH! it must be 6 past as Sir Jack is here having his beer. His wife will be home soon and he will go to eat.

Now all this may seem a little Strange but why should it worry me what they think or say, I have done my bit for prosperity, We worked hard, we planned, we saved and we came. We did what we set out to do yet some have no Idea what we all had to do to get where we are and live the life we want on the Budget we have. A planned budget in the main.

What I am trying to say is all we are doing is what we set out to do ( Well me at least) We can't help that many here can't plan and live what ever life they can afford. We all know that if we don't have the Peso in our pocket, we can't have what we want this week/month but they do and Borrow.

We can all go on forever talking about this type of thing but I ask, WHY do we let it bother us so much that We can but some can't ?  and it does bother a lot of us or we would not talk about it so much. 

Thank You Reading my Morning Drivel.

Jack :)

This saying may help Jack 'What you think of me is none of my business'  I think you may be a bit stressed with the funderal etc.

Back to the Sorry Sorry Store and have a few more to p//s them off a bit more!  Chill Jack my friend.

• Like 1