Why Does It Bother Us So Much (Or Does It?) Our Spending As Seen By Locals

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I moved over here at 48.  So I got questioned quite a bit why I do not work.  Not much by her family, but neighbors and Rotary club members.  I would just smile and tell them 'I did work, I saved, and I retired.  If I had any desire to work it would back in the US for a real paycheck.'

I have learned to actually not care what most people think about me,  Very few people have that control over me anymore. Especially smart assed neighbors. :tiphat:

• Like 5

Thomas
Posted
Posted
WHY do we let it bother us so much that We can but some can't ?
Well. I don't bother about the lazy ones.

But I feel sorry for them who are poor but do their best. It's very hard for poor without contacts to get any good CHANCE.

It's a problem when they live in same household, because i don't want to assist the lazy ones anything. 

I was full of admiration for the founder of FB who has decided to give away 99% of his fortune to make the World a more peaceful place for his new born child to grow up in.
You mean Zuckerberg (?) He is one of the bigest SCAMERS in the world.

The IDEA was NOT his. He was HIRED by the idea makers to make the code. He agreed. Then he DIDN'T make it for THEM, but STOLE the idea instead.

Then he needed a finansiere. When he didn't need him anymore, he screwed that business partner too...  (But later he paid him to avoid to be found guilty to fraud.)

So he is worth NOTHING of his billions, so I don't find it admirable at all even if he would give away all...

For instance Percy Barnevik is a much better example. When he became CEO in ASEA Brown Bowery when it was struggling, he got a bohnus deal related to how much he could make the company profitable. He succeeded much better than expected so he got a HUGE bohnus. By that bohnus he could when he retired start the help-to-self-help organisation Hand-in-hand. (They had plan to start in Phils too, when I talked with them, but I don't know if it's started yet.)

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Just to continue on this hijacked thread, the wonderful owner of Facebook pledged 99% of his money to a private for profit affect y that he will also control.

And now back to our previously scheduled posting.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just to continue on this hijacked thread, the wonderful owner of Facebook pledged 99% of his money to a private for profit affect y that he will also control.

Is that the same as keeping it in the family  :hystery:

post-2148-0-70157100-1449222753.jpg sorry 

Apparently my neighbor cant find his watch but has said is it time for your Beer now Sir, Yes I said AAH! then it must be 6 pm

But I won't let me Worry or be Bothered by it  :mocking:

Edit to get me back on Topic :thumbsup:

Edited by Jack Peterson

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Not quite hijacking the thread but....

As you guy's obviously know a lot more than me and we talking about lazy people.....

Whatever he has might of done he didn't achieve by sitting on his backside, maybe he is trying to make amends....

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the gates of heaven.......

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the gates of heaven.......

That is ok, Zuckerberg is atheist.  He is not concerned with going to heaven. he is jut doing what he feels is right - because it is right.  :tiphat:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

That is ok, Zuckerberg is atheist.  He is not concerned with going to heaven. he is jut doing what he feels is right - because it is right.  :tiphat:

I read earlier that he said he would give his money when he was drunk and now regrets it I will try to find the story again and post it .

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
I read earlier that he said he would give his money when he was drunk and now regrets it I will try to find the story again and post it .

Hands up who has said things when they was drunk and have regretted it once they was told what they had said, :unsure:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Hands up who has said things when they was drunk and have regretted it once they was told what they had said, :unsure:

DENY everything until they get a tape recording of you and make

you listen.Better still don`t get drunk simple.

• Like 1

Spectre13
Posted
Posted

Great topic Jack, and one that most of us here deal with.

I used to get annoyed with locals judging and assuming but I've grown thick skin and developed a sense of humor over it.

My wife's younger cousins all USED to think I was a walking ATM....until my new tactics.

I've had each of them stay at our house for a few days to let them see that living our lifestyle requires paying higher bills.

• Like 1