Death And The Wake.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Likewise Jack

I have no wish to party around the coffin of a deceased.

Yes remember them for the person you knew.

But culture is culture,not my cup of tea.

Respects to the family....time to hit the sori sori store for a quiet one Jack.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Respects to the family....time to hit the sori sori store for a quiet one Jack.

Thank You JB, I will pass this on to Mama and Azon. As for the Sori, Sori. Just giving that some thought.

but I know which hand will win, I like to think my left hand knows what my right hand is Doing.

My Right hand is not home yet so maybe I will take my left Hand out for a while.

post-2148-0-08771200-1449135475.jpg Sorry Scott, I am not ready to yeald my Topic  just Yet :hystery:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

but with all the laughing and "picture/picture" taking folks seem to be talking about everything but the poor sod in the box  .   (ya like that English slang at the end there heh heh)

post-2148-0-47731500-1449135895_thumb.jp Nice one Cyril  :hystery:

Jack  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

aah the wake or a glorified feasting for the locals and far away relatives !

Just recently the Wifes Mother and my Adopted mother passed away ! she was 86yrs young and we paid for her hospital bills and medicines up to the early morning when she left us !

The money thing was not a problem for me as she was my wifes Mother !

aside from that there was no long wake she died on the Thursday and was buried on the following Tuesday !

This was due to the fact that the mothers sister and the wifes brother had to fly back to the US and Saudi 1

I only attended the short wake when the singers arrived ! and when the far away relatives arrived !

We learnt our lesson last year when the eldest brother passed on as it was a 2 week wake !

and we had lots of locals come to the wake at lunch time and go away with bags of food ! !

one couple even came for breakfast lunch and dinner until the wife stopped them !

Coming from the UK the wake and all saints day is all new to me !

but then again its because I love my little Filipino princess !

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

It is a bit like watching a bad movie.  Having just lost a good friend and went through a horrible 'cremation' (that is flattering to call it that),all the b.s. chanting, painting him to look like  a zombie, it was all too much.

The only time me and his other friends had a good time, was when we got on the drink and raised a few coldies to our friend.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I hate everything about it.

The sad way you have to look.the tears.the Whisper's.

I wish I could stand up and clap the person out saying what a great life they had.

The wake.well that's just a piss up with folk you don't know.

Just my thoughts

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I don't generally go to the wakes here.  If it is local I may go for one evening (short visit). Going to a week long gambling party is not my cup of tea.  My wife's grandmother just died and my wife spent almost 2 weeks back in the province.  She was exhausted when she got home because none of the other sisters were there - so all the hosting duties fell to her.  We agreed after the fact that it was good I was not there, because I would not have put with that sh&t, and she would not have liked the scene I would have caused.

When my brother died (in the US) the family & friends gathered at his favorite pub and had a one night blow in his honor. 

It is their culture and they are welcome to it. I do not feel obliged to join in.  :tiphat:

• Like 1