Hunting

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Anything is possible in Philippines but for the most part it's all about the money. Pabrides, if you were to build a business plan that clearly showed potential profit for little effort and at the same time promoted tourism you could be onto something. Your latter comment proves that point

Leave it to Old55 to put into one short paragraph that which I have been trying to say in 5 posts lolol good job :thumbsup: .

You may be right about approaching land owners for the short term, but I feel it is not beyond the capacity of a group of well meaning and industrious expats to think outside the box and politely challenge the politicians with an alternative source of national income - foreigners hunting managed game instead of foreigners hunting unmanaged prostitutes.

After sleeping on this topic, which is worthy of polite discussion, It would have to be approached with a long, long term in mind. As old says unless there is either fast profit, or name notability.

By notability I am referring to the Politico's penchant for using banners to proclaim their support or sponsorship's of projects. Not a lot of people will be seeing a banner "This hunting preserve is sponsored by Senator so and so."

As to outdoor tourism, Adventure tourism is big now, zip lines, off road trikes, some dune buggies some white water kayaking, things like that (where city types don't have to get real dirty or exert much physical effort :lol: ,)  Most of the Philippines tourism (not Balikbayans which the Govt counts as tourist I believe) come from Korea, Japan and China. From my quick google searches game hunting is not real big in those countries.

So I am starting to think that any hunting tourism would have to be aimed towards the North American market. Not being a hunter myself, I would have to rely on the feedback from our hunting members if the type of game available here would attract NA hunters. As to Expats that live here. Well I just don't know if there would be enough who would be interested, have the disposable income (or young enough :hystery: ) to make it profitable.

Like Old55 said as u know, here in the Phil, its all about the Bucks :cheersty:

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well you can do just about anything you want, spend what you have to try and get what you want but even with being a PITA to many, Unless they Change or Amend the Constitution. Foreigners can not own Guns.

For me End off, as it is starting to get silly

Jack  :(

pabrides
Posted
Posted

You may be right about approaching land owners for the short term, but I feel it is not beyond the capacity of a group of well meaning and industrious expats to think outside the box and politely challenge the politicians with an alternative source of national income - foreigners hunting managed game instead of foreigners hunting unmanaged prostitutes.

Anything is possible in Philippines but for the most part it's all about the money.

Pabrides, if you were to build a business plan that clearly showed potential profit for little effort and at the same time promoted tourism you could be onto something. Your latter comment proves that point. :3_12_31[1]:

Ill give that some thought...

pabrides
Posted
Posted

Well you can do just about anything you want, spend what you have to try and get what you want but even with being a PITA to many, Unless they Change or Amend the Constitution. Foreigners can not own Guns.

I suppose then this means that you will not be attending any of our meetings anytime soon.  However, gun ownership is not the point of this discussion... you sort of sound like my nephew when he cant have a candy before dinner... :)

pabrides
Posted
Posted (edited)

Im looking to meet together regularly with those interested in small game or Pig hunts.

I am wondering if you have given any thought to where you would find any small game or non-domestic pigs to hunt?  I have see locals hunting for small birds (with pellet guns for food mainly) and I have seen them hunting lizards and snakes (with sticks, not guns).  As I think about it, the only kind of hunting I have noticed filipinos do, is other humans (political, drug related, gang related, or kidnapping related hunting).

I don't believe there are any big left to hunt, they are all eaten   :mocking:

(Except water living (e g crockodiles). Plus in protected areas. E g there are some realy big lizzards (I guess 50-60 kg) in protected area in El Nido.)

Did you know that one of the largest and most traditional annual bird hunts in America dates to 1882 when two dozen ring neck Pheasants were transplanted from China onto a farm in Oregon.  Pheasants are not indigenous to the states yet became the most popular upland game in numerous regions.  We are limited only by our own imaginations.

Edited by pabrides

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
I suppose then this means that you will not be attending any of our meetings anytime soon.  However, gun ownership is not the point of this discussion... 

you sort of sound like my nephew when he cant have a candy before dinner...

Nope!  certainly not with some who thinks he can hunt without a gun, (well maybe you will revert back to a Bow & Arrow.)

Please don't start to get on the insults, as I am the the Wrong person to start that with.

pabrides
Posted
Posted (edited)

Please don't start to get on the insults, as I am the the Wrong person to start that with.

dear me.... I thought you were through!  And now you imply threats.... good thing you dont have a gun.... :)  someone might shove it up your ...... use your imagination; I was going to say chimney.

Edited by pabrides

pabrides
Posted
Posted

Well you can do just about anything you want...

I suppose then this means that you will not be attending any of our meetings anytime soon.  However, gun ownership is not the point of this discussion... you sort of sound like my nephew when he cant have a candy before dinner... :)

I suppose then this means that you will not be attending any of our meetings anytime soon.  However, gun ownership is not the point of this discussion... 

you sort of sound like my nephew when he cant have a candy before dinner...

Nope!  certainly not with some who thinks he can hunt without a gun...

First you insult my topic, then you imply threats..... then you have your buddy delete my posts which direct attention to your inappropriate comments..... You must be proud of yourself, you little wanker you.... :)

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Did you know that one of the largest and most traditional annual bird hunts in America dates to 1882 when two dozen ring neck Pheasants were transplanted from China onto a farm in Oregon.  Pheasants are not indigenous to the states yet became the most popular upland game in numerous regions.  We are limited only by our own imaginations.

Oh you think of breeding them first and THEN shoot them!  Why don't you hunt some cows then?  :mocking:

Anyway Parbrides is not the sort of person I want on this forum with insults etc so bye bye.
  :thumbsup:
  • Like 1