Hunting

canadamale
Posted
Posted

Interesting question, we are not allowed to own firearms does anyone here know the limitations on owning crossbows, compound bows etc.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Did you know that one of the largest and most traditional annual bird hunts in America dates to 1882 when two dozen ring neck Pheasants were transplanted from China onto a farm in Oregon.  Pheasants are not indigenous to the states yet became the most popular upland game in numerous regions.  We are limited only by our own imaginations.

Oh you think of breeding them first and THEN shoot them!  Why don't you hunt some cows then?  :mocking:

Anyway Parbrides is not the sort of person I want on this forum with insults etc so bye bye.
  :thumbsup:

Thomas maybe they are too fast for him.

• Like 3

Lou49
Posted
Posted

I was renting an apt. in Baguio in 2011. It was owned by an army major and managed by policeman. I used to go to a pistol range/gun shop owned by a Philipino named Frank. I would rent a pistol and buy ammo from him and shoot. One day he asked me why I was renting guns so I told him I have no guns here and as a foreigner I can't own a gun in the PI. He told me if I buy a gun from him he will get me a permit. I was skeptical. One day I was chatting with the army major and the policeman and we decided to go to the pistol range. They asked if I had a gun and I said no, I rent cuz I can't own a gun here in PI. They looked at each other and told me if I want to buy a gun they will get me a permit, no problem. I said I am going to cebu to shoot in a pistol match next month, how do I get the gun to cebu? They said no problem, u put the gun in your luggage and it rides in the cargo hold. I was skeptical and thanked them but I declined.So I arrive in cebu and I apply to shoot in the Asia Pacific Invitational sponsored by Glock. I get accepted to shoot the match with a rented gun, 4 mags, a holster, and 350 rounds of 9mm supplied by the club. About 300 shooters I guess,Lots of law enforcement and military types there, many in uniform and combat gear. Not many white faces around so people came by to see the Kano shoot I guess. More than a few of them asked me why I was using such a crappy gun. I said that since I am a foreigner I can't own guns here in the PI so I rented this one.About half a dozen of those guys gave me their cards and said u buy a gun and we will get u a permit, no problem. I was skeptical, thanked everyone, and declined. A week later I was waiting for a taxi in front of Country Mall in Banilad. Two military/paramilitary types in uniform approached me and introduced themselves. They said they had seen me at the match at CPRA on Mactan . They said they were on their way to a pistol range in Talamban and would I like to come and shoot with them? I said thanks but I have no guns here, my guns are in Canada. They ask "why u don't have guns?" I said I'm a foreigner and I can't have guns here. They gave me a blank stare, looked at each other, and they each pulled out a card and said you buy a gun and we will get u a permit, no problem. I thanked them and politely declined.So after all that I wonder, maybe a foreigner can own a gun in the PI if u know the right people...

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

maybe a foreigner can own a gun in the PI if u know the right people...

Yeah! then you get caught and or Use it for a non target purpose! you did right to decline.

same as this Senior Citizen Discount Card, the Law, Precludes us Period, at this time. We (The Foreigner) can't have either. Nor Vote, to get laws Changed, we just have to live with these facts. :thumbsup:

Jack :unsure:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
They gave me a blank stare, looked at each other, and they each pulled out a card and said you buy a gun and we will get u a permit, no problem.
Well. It's a country where e g drivers licences can be BOUGHT from the "tester". That DON'T make it legal...  

If they have power LOCALY, then they will perhaps let you have it THERE, but that don't make it legal elsewhere anyway.

Interesting question, we are not allowed to own firearms does anyone here know the limitations on owning crossbows, compound bows etc.

I think that's worth an OWN topic. So I will start one   :)

• Like 1

canadamale
Posted
Posted
foreigner can own a gun in the PI if u know the right people...

that is one of the scarry things about the Philippines, I have been offered to purchase tazers, switchblades, drivers licence, business opportunities, all illegal for a foreigner, when I decline and state it is unlawful for me as a foreigner I get the look of disbelief and a shrug as if I am  using this reason just as an excuse to say no. off hunting topic I know but something I believe we all must keep in mind.

• Like 1

Lou49
Posted
Posted

foreigner can own a gun in the PI if u know the right people...

that is one of the scarry things about the Philippines, I have been offered to purchase tazers, switchblades, drivers licence, business opportunities, all illegal for a foreigner, when I decline and state it is unlawful for me as a foreigner I get the look of disbelief and a shrug as if I am  using this reason just as an excuse to say no. off hunting topic I know but something I believe we all must keep in mind.

I know what you mean. The thing that made me scratch my head was that the gun permit offers came from police, military / paramilitary guys that are plugged into the system and should know the laws. I'm still baffled but I would never take a chance on ending up in the slammer.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
I'm still baffled but I would never take a chance on ending up in the slammer.

In one my Friend, EVERYTHING is Cool Until  :thumbsup:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
that are plugged into the system and should know the laws

Exactly.............how many police you see riding motorcycles with out helmets, double parking, etc. etc. etc. :hystery:

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I'm still baffled but I would never take a chance on ending up in the slammer.
That's not the only.

A COMMON "solution" made by LAWYERS to make foreigner get "control" over business we are not allowed to have control over, are surely NOT legal. The law even say it's (5 ?) YEARS prison for being involved in such, but many lawyers do such - and take money for their work. I suppouse that's why they make such "solutions"   :mocking:

I have seen offers for "solutions" for property (other than Condo) "control" too, which I didn't bother to read proper, but I suppouse they have made similar illegality there, because they talked about "solving" it through a business. Even for business types, which foreigners are allowed to own 100 % of (e g export business)  it's reduced to max 40 % when the business own land...

It's remarkable lawyers make such "solutions" rather often, when there are LEGAL solutions* But in such solutions the lawyers get less...

*The two legal solutions I have found/made   :)  are not 100 % safe/full cover, but they are legal, and make it very hard for someone else to take it legaly.