Worried For My Son's Welbeing From Abusive Mother

Tim31
Posted
Posted

Ive not seen my 10 month old son for 6 months now as im currently working in the UK while his filipino mother is supposed to be taking care of him in Cebu.

I am supposed to visit them in January, but her anger towards me is very high. Recently she told me that she wants to get a guy to hang me and stab me with a sharp knife a million times until i stop breathing, then spit on my face. This all happend because i told her that I can't afford to buy her a 200k lot.

I am currently supporting her and my son along with her other 2 kids. I rent them a nice apartment and pay all of the bills, yet she still hates the hell out of me.

Today she told me that she had a dream that i was going to die, my responce was "stop acting weird" she then flipped and threatened to pour boiling water over my son so he would die, at the moment im in bits because i dont know if she has harmed him or not. i have all of this documented on skype chat and email.

She has told me several times that she wants to kill my son.

My son is not yet a british citizen, but i am the registered father on his birth certificate. is there anything I can do to protect him? Would the british embassy help, maybe the police or barangy, any advice would be much appreciated.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Oh!  I know only a litle bit about that part of the Philippine law.

(A small kid was taken from the mother, after beating with towel was shown at Internet, but I don't know how the process was done. A Filipino father just took their kids from the mother and left and don't let her see them, refering to safety of the kids, but that's recent and haven't been handled by the justice system.)

I believe such cases can be handled by the local baranggay captain, but because of the threats it's complicated. If she know the case will be up, it's risk she take the bb and run and hide... The baranggay captain has jusistiction to tell the police to act in some types of cases. I believe your type of case is one of them.

You can ask here  http://www.pinoylawyer.org/

Most use Tagalog, but it's ok to ask in English and then they answer in English.

There are mainly Filipinos answering (many of them are law students).

Perhaps they can recomend a suiting lawyer too, IF it's such you need to secure your child.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I have no idea on Filipino law but surely there are Child Protection Authorities in Philippines.

You are rightly concerned about what is potentially a very serious situation and the well being of your child is paramount.

I will do some googling and see if I can find anything.

Chris49 do you have any knowledge in this area?  This OP needs help.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I have no idea on Filipino law but surely there are Child Protection Authorities in Philippines.

You are rightly concerned about what is potentially a very serious situation and the well being of your child is paramount.

I will do some googling and see if I can find anything.

Chris49 do you have any knowledge in this area?  This OP needs help.

Further to my own post. Contact Child Abuse Task Force 5238481-89 - area code is +63 I assume, seems to be in Manila.

Google 

Child Protection Programme Philippines.

• Like 3

frozenmystic28
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm not sure if this can help you, but maybe you can write on this column and ask for an advice about what are the legal actions you can do.

Address: 2/F Sitio Grande Building 409 A. Soriano Avenue, Intramuros Manila 1020 Philippines
Tel. : +63 (02) 524 5664 up to 67
Fax: +63 (02) 528-1729
Email: newsdesk@manilatimes.net / opinion@manilatimes.net

Just a sample : http://www.manilatimes.net/mistress-has-no-legal-right-to-demand-support/56134/

or you can call or report this in BantayBata163 : http://www.abs-cbnfoundation.com/bb163/about.html

Edited by frozenmystic28
  • Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I am supposed to visit them in January, but her anger towards me is very high. Recently she told me that she wants to get a guy to hang me and stab me with a sharp knife a million times until i stop breathing, then spit on my face. This all happend because i told her that I can't afford to buy her a 200k lot.

Ohhh! what can I say but sorry to hear this But my friend your Statement above would worry me some I think, Why a Guy and Not the family?

Talking to my Wife not long ago I asked what you should do, First she said PNP or DWSD & Report it, then she rang back and said has this man talked to the Mother of this wife or the family because they will soon take the child if they smell a problem.

Being a Long Distance Husband or Boyfriend has it's problems, we know, most of us are or have been there but I think you have to sit and ask yourself what really is the problem, is it me or the Child? is this about the Money?

I notice you Don't mention her wanting to hurt her other 2 children so to me it is all about you and yours.

I am not trying to be Smart but when push comes to shove it is a question you may have to face, Any Authority, is going to need the Full story.

Filipina's do not normally hurt their Children and I would ask is it in your heart to think she Would harm this child?

Just trying to offset the Hurt I think I know you will be feeling at this time but you need to talk to someone soon as you can't handle it from the UK then if it was me I would be making my January Visit ASAP.

Totally Agree with Thomas about the Barangay captain but for that ( Unless you know him and have his number) I fear it would be a boots on the Ground Job so again can you talk to the family?

Sorry to sound negative or Authoritarian but  when it comes to Child Protection The Philippines can be slow to react at times.

Once you get the Ball Rolling, things will happen

I wish you well on this, Try and keep her calm as this can be a crucial point for your Child and your marriage.

Jack :tiphat:

Tim31
Posted
Posted

Thank you all! DSWD is now dealing with this.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Thank you all! DSWD is now dealing with this.

Can I say Thank you for the Update, My wife said you chose the Right Agency :thumbsup:

Jack :no:

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

Chris49 do you have any knowledge in this area? This OP needs help

I came in late Ron. I am thinking in terms of a temporary restraining order, but it requires a hospital reportwith an actual injury. And this can go through barangay or directly through DSWD. I have some experience with restraining orders, but not in a child abuse case.

Policeman did once tell me video or photographic evidence is very highly recommended. Complaint without evidence is like heresay.

• Like 1