The Gas Scam Raises It's Head Again.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:tiphat:  I guess it was only time (Christmas) that this one raised it's head again. Our Barangay and the two adjoining have had Bogus Gas officials calling to check the gas fittings and Pipes to the Gas tanks ( they say)

Now they carry, what at first glance seems proper Identification. But they are reluctant to let you get too close to it for proper inspection. Apparently as with me, they come in pairs, One does the Inspection of the Fittings and Pipe and the other just has to need he CR. No way Jose on yer Bike, Goodbye.

Now we are not stupid people are we?  :no: but the ploy is to sell you a Fitting that is supposed to stop the gas flow in an Emergency leak at 4.500 peso and you can Credit it. Yeah! Not such thing unless on a New type cooker built in.

Our Barangay Captain has been around the Puroks and told the Presidents that this is a Scam, there is No Gas Safety Agency ( certainly not on Negros and he doubts Cebu) that does this also it has been reported that Items have been missing after a visit and Houses have been Broken into shortly afterwards. So Guys and Gals just a heads up on this.

Have a safe secure   post-2148-0-16254900-1449199553_thumb.jp

Jack :tiphat:

• Like 3

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

:tiphat:  I guess it was only time (Christmas) that this one raised it's head again. Our Barangay and the two adjoining have had Bogus Gas officials calling to check the gas fittings and Pipes to the Gas tanks ( they say)

Now they carry, what at first glance seems proper Identification. But they are reluctant to let you get too close to it for proper inspection. Apparently as with me, they come in pairs, One does the Inspection of the Fittings and Pipe and the other just has to need he CR. No way Jose on yer Bike, Goodbye.

Now we are not stupid people are we?  :no: but the ploy is to sell you a Fitting that is supposed to stop the gas flow in an Emergency leak at 4.500 peso and you can Credit it. Yeah! Not such thing unless on a New type cooker built in.

Our Barangay Captain has been around the Puroks and told the Presidents that this is a Scam, there is No Gas Safety Agency ( certainly not on Negros and he doubts Cebu) that does this also it has been reported that Items have been missing after a visit and Houses have been Broken into shortly afterwards. So Guys and Gals just a heads up on this.

Have a safe secure   attachicon.gifmerry christams.jpg

Jack :tiphat:

And just when you think you have heard it all and can't get any crazier.......................... :bash:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Bogus Gas officials

When these folks come by I have a little fun, if my wife isn't around (she just sends them packing). I give them a blank look and start jabbering at them in Spanish, and just watch the reaction. Pretty soon they give up and move on. But its priceless.

I thought I was the only one who did that! I usually switch every couple words from English to French to German to Basayan... Of course, I mustn't forget my Italian and Hungarian swear words! :)

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
I thought I was the only one who did that! I usually switch every couple words from English to French to German to Basayan... Of course, I mustn't forget my Italian and Hungarian swear words!

:hystery:  :hystery:  :whistling:

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Damn Jack these guys work fast here in Negros .... they were just in our neighborhood last week ..... when I first got here in the Phils and lived in Cebu I didn't know any better and actually invited them in to do their inspection .... they inspected our hose and regulator and the guy told me it was old and brittle and we needed a new one ..... I couldn't contain my laughter as I broke out the receipt from ACE showing him we just bought the unit 3 months ago ..... his reaction ..... "well it looks old" and they left .... ever since then they don't get to come in the yard ..... god it's nice to have a fence ..... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

This kind of scam was going on in the Uk a few years ago.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
This kind of scam was going on in the Uk a few years ago.

Hmmmmmm Did it continue or did they sort it ?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Big adverts on the TV telling people to check the for a corgi/gas safe id ofworkers. And I think some info like a pamphlet was delivered with the gas bills.

• Like 1