Laptop Battery

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I got one on Ebay  new for $19.99 Aus shipped.

hqdefault.jpg

OMG!  Thats a great deal!  Hope mine gets here from China one day.

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

I got one on Ebay  new for $19.99 Aus shipped.

hqdefault.jpg

OMG!  Thats a great deal!  Hope mine gets here from China one day.

Wish I would have seen the post earlier, my daughter is coming in Jan next year, she is bringing me some goodies, could have slipped it in with my stuff, if you have problems let me know I am going back next Feb, Mar.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

Dave I just ordered a battery from Lazada it cost me P 1799 peso it is a toshba all so 5 years old laptop they have a big selection of laptop battery's

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Dave I just ordered a battery from Lazada it cost me P 1799 peso it is a toshba all so 5 years old laptop they have a big selection of laptop battery's

Yes they do, and I considered buying from them but with my tight budget I opted to give aliexpress a try at P 834 which is less than half the price, delivered and all in.  I am still waiting for it to get here but the tracking says its on the way so will keep the members informed when and if it arrives and if they soak me for additional charges.

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

Dave that is great please let me know how it works out Jerry

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

It's always the same...........as soon as you buy something it goes on sale some where for less.  I know this is true as my friends always tell me

:bash:    

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

It's always the same...........as soon as you buy something it goes on sale some where for less. I know this is true as my friends always tell me

:bash:

That's what keeps you on your toes!

The battery for my old feel guys for over $100 us.. Not sure the entire laptop is worth that.

• 3 weeks later...
robert k
Posted
Posted

I have a sneaking suspicion that these laptop batteries have common lithium ion batteries in them and when one fails the pack goes bad. If I had a bad laptop battery I would open it up and see what kind of batteries it contained, test them and replace any that were weak or dead with some sourced from replacements from electric bike, phone battery banks or LED flashlights.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

I would open it up and see what kind of batteries it contained, test them and replace any that were weak or dead with so

I seriously considered that, but with the low price of a replacement battery from China I am still waiting on that route:

Ordered on Dec 4 and still waiting,

post-41-0-18563500-1453612072_thumb.png

EDIT Feb 11:  Still waiting.  PhilPost says its not yet here, AliExpress says be patient and it will probably arrive within the next 2 weeks.  Its been over 60 days already.  Just keeping folks informed in case you were thinking of trying AliExpress.  :tiphat:

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Do a search on  http://www.aliexpress.com/. They have free shipping to the Philippines and you can find a battery for pretty cheap, but takes a while to get there.

Here's the latest on this story:

I ordered the laptop battery from Aliexpress On Dec 5 for US$17.64 including shipping. It took almost 3 full months to get here and I was ready to give up on it but it arrived today. I had arranged for PhilPost to text me when the package gets here and this is a small town so they had no problem with that.  There was an amount for customs which totaled 112 pesos and I gave 20 pesos for a tip to buy load because I want them happy for next time I have mail coming.

So all in this cost me 960 pesos and 3 months of waiting for a laptop battery that is double that cost on Lazada and triple that cost at a local laptop repair shop.

Now for the downside.  The battery appears to charge up just fine on the laptop but it is not actually working.  Once it says the battery is 100% charged I try to unplug and the laptop instantly shuts down. This is the same thing that was happening with the old battery so if someone has an idea what could be wrong then leave me some feedback.  Otherwise I shall take it to a laptop repair shop and see what they can do with it.  The laptop is only about 4 years old so not ready for the trash yet.

• Like 2