Making Fun Of Somebody Who Is Less Fortunate Than Yourself

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Bottle tops on sticks???? That is a new one for me. What is it?

I can recall making them as a kid. Just a stick like a broom stick with nailed on metal bottle tops. You put them on loose so they rattle when shaking the stick. Might be done different it the Phils. 

Anyway why does the bar owner allow kids in the bar? Put a stop to that and part problem solved. 

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I can recall making them as a kid. Just a stick like a broom stick with nailed on metal bottle tops. You put them on loose so they rattle when shaking the stick. Might be done different it the Phils. 

Anyway why does the bar owner allow kids in the bar? Put a stop to that and part problem solved. 

It is not just a bar it is an eatery as well sorry for the confusion.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

It`s a shorter stick here but it is the same thing it makes a noise like tambourine.

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I think this is a reminder that we choose to live in a peasant culture which is simpler, cruder and rougher than the societies that we are used to. One sees families teasing little boys who are not aggressively "macho" and labelling them "bayut" or "bakla". My little stepson much prefers his English primary school because he does not get bullied there. It has taken him all of a month to announce that he is MUCH happier living in Britain. He misses his cousins but he can talk to them once a week on Skype. He has no wish to return to the Philippines.  

• Like 3

BluesDude
Posted
Posted

It's been my experience that the kids can be absolutely brutal to any other child that's determined not "normal". It's hard not to jump in and bang some heads together when you witness kids picking on one another. We raised our kids in an atmosphere where name-calling and picking on each other was not tolerated in any way. We'll do the same at our home in the Philippines and hope we can at least teach those in our circle influence how to behave.

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

It's been my experience that the kids can be absolutely brutal to any other child that's determined not "normal". It's hard not to jump in and bang some heads together when you witness kids picking on one another. We raised our kids in an atmosphere where name-calling and picking on each other was not tolerated in any way. We'll do the same at our home in the Philippines and hope we can at least teach those in our circle influence how to behave.

Right on BluesDude!  I think it's much easier to teach, discipline or console misbehaved children within your household or property.  I think it would be a waste of time to talk to the parents (if they have any) -- they already grew up that way.

Also you noticed that you hardly see any signs for the handicap (special parking, sidewalks, etc).  Many families are ashamed or embarrassed to have their less fortunate family member to be seen in public.  They know they will get ridiculed.  

Such is life in PI........

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Odd how things happen, after my little talk to the suspected Ring leader of the little gang of silly's in the Barangay, My wife told me that when one Particular set of Carol singers came Last Evening, they brought along one of the others Little sister who is unfortunately a little backward. Mentally and somewhat Physically, they got that little extra this time,  Azon tells me.

OH! I know that they may have brought her for another reason than kindness but they did include her. It was dark and the little Girl was not seen By Azon til she went to the gate so we are not Thinking, an Outing for gain here! at this time.

So You see Kev, we can, make that little bit of Difference in their Thinking. :thumbsup:  Keep up the positive thoughts and Actions my Friend

If they do not have her at the Sori, Sori Later, I shall be asking Why Not? ( No pun intended SJ & DH)

I am not a Religious man But did he not say, "Suffer the Little Children to come unto me"? He never Segregated, neither should the rest on mankind and we know how our People here think on the Church. 'Practice what is Preached comes to mind'

Jack  :)

Sorry, just Thinking a loud I think.

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Right on BluesDude!  I think it's much easier to teach, discipline or console misbehaved children within your household or property.  I think it would be a waste of time to talk to the parents (if they have any) -- they already grew up that way.

Also you noticed that you hardly see any signs for the handicap (special parking, sidewalks, etc).  Many families are ashamed or embarrassed to have their less fortunate family member to be seen in public.  They know they will get ridiculed.  

Such is life in PI........

A few years ago the Governor of Cebu said that she would make it PWD friendly mmm tell that to the lampposts etc in the middle of any pavements/sidewalks they have here.

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
A few years ago the Governor of Cebu said that she would make it PWD friendly mmm tell that to the lampposts etc in the middle of any pavements/sidewalks they have here.

Kind of hard to steer a wheelchair around all the tires and trash cans they fill holes with...

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

If they do not have her at the Sori, Sori Later, I shall be asking Why Not?

Not at all surprised but still skeptical somewhat. Little "Angel" was with her Brother and 2 sisters at the Sori, Sori, Last Evening. I had to stop Azon from buying her anything without the Others as I felt it would make her stand out again and do more Damage than Good. Luckily My Wife Understood

There could be Hope for at least one little lady if it continues she is one of the Fold  :thumbsup:

Jack :)

• Like 1