We Are Not A Town In The Sticks Anymore.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Earlier I took my wife and daughter to the new 711 store in town.

WOW they have an ice cream machine (daughter liked it) and they sell Quakers cookies and Heinz tomato ketchup.Hey we are in the 20th century now.

Hey Kevin,

I believe you're residing in Dalaguete, south of Cebu City about 90km (55 miles).  Regarding your 7-11 store, I think you're still in the 20th century if they don't sell Cornflakes......he, he. 

PS -- for the benefit of the newer members, can someone explain our inside forum joke about cornflakes.  

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Earlier I took my wife and daughter to the new 711 store in town.

WOW they have an ice cream machine (daughter liked it) and they sell Quakers cookies and Heinz tomato ketchup.Hey we are in the 20th century now.

Hey Kevin,

I believe you're residing in Dalaguete, south of Cebu City about 90km (55 miles).  Regarding your 7-11 store, I think you're still in the 20th century if they don't sell Cornflakes......he, he. 

PS -- for the benefit of the newer members, can someone explain our inside forum joke about cornflakes.  

I can get cornflakes in Prince warehouse or the market but Heinz ketchup is very difficult to get hold of.Stupid thing is a bottle will go out of date before I finish it. Plus Jake we are in the 20th century as I never said we had caught up with the rest of you haha

• Like 2

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Heinz ketchup is so last century. In the century of the Fruitbat it's HP all the way.

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted

Lea and Perrins. HP won't make a good Bloody Mary. [emoji14]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey Kevin ..... your fun has just begun ..... when we first moved to Bacolod 3 years ago they had two 7-11's now they are on almost every corner just like in the US .... oh and by the way their hotdogs suck not like the ones being sold in the US ..... they are local brand ..... when one opened by us 2 years ago J brought me 3 different kinds and I was so excited to try them until I discovered they are made here in the Phils ..... :1 (103): :th_unfair:

:cheersty:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

We had a 7-11 open in our town recently.  I have not waited in the crazy long line to get in yet.  We have them in the city (15 kilometers away) and they are not so busy.  Not sure why ours stays so full. Today the store was packed and there were about 20 people waiting their turn to go in.  Almost everyone comes out with that giant p15 ice cream cone.  :tiphat:

Jake... what inside joke about corn flakes?

• Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted

No 7-11 where I am, however we are getting an SM City at some point I believe. Marbel and South Cotabato is the fastest growing area in Mindanao so who knows what the future holds.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Our 7-11 opened last year.  It was followed by a mall, now they are building two more malls.  I see this all over the Philippines and wonder how the economy is able to support all these new stores.  

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

As I said before, My Fried "Alec" is to become a 7/11 before Christmas if all goes well and from a Phone call last Evening, There is not much he won't have on sale Type wise. Quality well who knows But 

wonder how the economy is able to support all these new stores.  

It would seem that someone some where has done a lot of Homework or they would not pump Cash into them.

He tells me that Kelloggs are on the order List but again Quality remains to be seen.? So yes Cornflakes for Jake and the others.

Central Buying ( this is what happens in these shops) gives (or should give) a Constant brand. in other words what you can get in one you should get in another (depending on Size though I guess.

But I still can't see them running the Sori, Sori, out of Town [Not in our life time I suspect]

jack