We Are Not A Town In The Sticks Anymore.

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

We have 2 7-11's within a kilometre of us and every time I drive past they are packed. The closet one has a bit of a enclosed frontage with tables and chairs, in the evening there would be 10- 15 locals out the front drinking beer. Another one is being built now just down the road from us.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
in the evening there would be 10- 15 locals out the front drinking beer.

They won't let you drink beer inside. Maybe with the heat, they sell more beer if you drink outside.

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

in the evening there would be 10- 15 locals out the front drinking beer.

They won't let you drink beer inside. Maybe with the heat, they sell more beer if you drink outside.

Yeah and all the young lovelies take up the seats inside, eating ice-creams and playing on there mob phones, they don't like the heat it spoils their make up, but they do get a good crowd there drinking, many more than any of the local or expat bars, and it is a great position for people watching :999:

• Like 2

putidako
Posted
Posted

7/11s are not uniform. If this Dalaguete one is like the Argao one, it won't have a chest ice freezer. Whereas the bigger city 7/11s in large cities do have them with big bags of ice cubes, for 22 pesos. When the Argao one opened a lot of the endless ice cream queue, went down with food poisoning.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

They won't let you drink beer inside.

That would make it a bar and not an Off sale and I guess need a Licence but then............. Licence ?  :lol:

putidako
Posted
Posted

They usually don't allow drinking inside 7/11s because they don't want leery leçhy drunks up close to school girls and the like eating ice-creams and chicken-and-rice. Although anyone is allowed to drink soft drinks inside. I have heard that in some convenience stores they do allow drinking alcohol inside, but I have never seen any except in exceptional circumstances like very heavy rain and so windy, that the cover is not adequate. They can let people inside then. They used to do that at a store I used to drink at sometimes in Iligan.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Heinz ketchup is so last century. In the century of the Fruitbat it's HP all the way.

I can get HP I have 2+ bottles for JP next week so there haha

Heinz ketchup is so last century. In the century of the Fruitbat it's HP all the way.

I can get HP I have 2+ bottles for JP next week so there haha

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I can get HP at almost any of the grocery stores here... Lol!

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I can get HP at almost any of the grocery stores here... Lol!

Don`t show off Bob.haha