A Real Man Eats Whats Put In Front Of Him

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Hate to say it, but over the last 12 years its gotten to the point where I find it perversely entertaining and a amusing to watch my fellow ex-pats' reactions to the miscellany of customer service (maybe I should phrase it 'customer non-service') levels at eateries of all levels of cost and decor. This story is a classic. Thanks for posting.

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
I am sure Andy's Private Garden has some great things going for it, but breakfast today was not one of them.

Well hopefully, your friends will not go there again either -- then it will become more private, like no customers.....he, he. Regardless of the new staff, the word will get out for the very piss poor service.

Now as far as a Man always eat what's put in front of him, I will always graciously accept any offering, especially SPAM. Haven't tried it yet, but this raw spam sushi looks pretty appetizing after I drink volumes of sake first....he, he.

post-686-0-17178000-1449548827_thumb.jpg To be chased with Sapporo too.

Es mo pun in da Philippines

Edited by Jake
  • Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Well hopefully, your friends will not go there again either

On of the things I have learned here, is that when you eliminate every restaurant that gives bad service you will quickly run out of places to eat.

What is recommended is:  Just wait six months until the new crop of employees gets hired then try again.

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

If a real man eats whats put in front of him then surely a real woman would serve what is on the menu don`t you think.

I think when people say something like that it is a cop-out for their shortcomings. If there was a catastrophe and food was short then yes a real man would eat what is in front  of him.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I find it perversely entertaining and a amusing to watch my fellow ex-pats' reactions to the miscellany of customer service

Yes, the expats  who came in later and sat at the table behind were chuckling and amused as I grew more and more irate.  But they were just having coffee, not breakfast.  I knew that for a fact because, while they may have 'ordered' breakfast, they surely were not going to get it before lunch time.  :hystery:

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I used to Find Andy's good for me as it is next to my wife's Companies Warehouse so when she doing Inventories she would Drop me off then Pick me up when she had done. 

The Food has always taken a long time and I think, that unless it has changed, it was all done in the "Private House' kitchen then walked Across the garden to the bar.

There is No ( or Should not) be any reason why a Profitable bar as this is reported to be, should have this deplorable service but..... it is just [As Dave has said another one to miss if out for breakfast] Biggest problem is I think, with others now missing out this place is getting Popular and just can't Cope.

Now as to breakfast Dinner or any meal, I will eat what is on the table  :thumbsup:  but wait, if I am not in the kitchen that could come at any time.

Even with Western Influences Time Management is a big Downfall in the PI

Jack :)

• Like 4

DavidK
Posted
Posted (edited)

Perhaps the bacon was "Out of Stock" and they just gave you the nearest available substitute? Spam fritters were about the only thing I could eat in our primary school school dinners of the 1960's. However you can't diss Spam to the wife's friends as they consider it a luxury item.

Edited by DavidK
  • Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Have you thought about a home made sandwich , cheaper and you eat what you want and when you want, :lol:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Have you thought about a home made sandwich , cheaper and you eat what you want and when you want,

:hystery:  Steve Good Afternoon or Good morning whichever, I think you are right But.......... It's the Bread the bread, we just ain't got the right bread for that oh so nice sandwich 

• Like 3