A Real Man Eats Whats Put In Front Of Him

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Have you thought about a home made sandwich , cheaper and you eat what you want and when you want,

:hystery:  Steve Good Afternoon or Good morning whichever, I think you are right But.......... It's the Bread the bread, we just ain't got the right bread for that oh so nice sandwich 

Not only the bread but the fillings too, some decent ham, corned beef, salami and of course the salads yum

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Not only the bread but the fillings too, some decent ham, corned beef, salami and of course the salads yum

:hystery:  Get a grip man, Remember where we are  :mocking:

Jack :unsure:

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

I know Jack, but I remember when I was working back in Oz and at lunch time going to the sandwich shop and grabbing a freshly made ham and salad roll filled to the brim with all sorts of tasty things, what I wouldn't give for one sometimes, miss them more than a good steak :unsure:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I know Jack, but I remember when I was working back in Oz and at lunch time going to the sandwich shop and grabbing a freshly made ham and salad roll filled to the brim with all sorts of tasty things, what I wouldn't give for one sometimes, miss them more than a good steak :unsure:

Food for though here, if you could get the right Ingredients a nice little earner, Yes? a Sandwich Shop in a Business Area

My Wife has a travelling Food lady call daily at the Offices who sells her load every day but then what's in the Rolls and bread would not suit me.

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Food for though here, if you could get the right Ingredients a nice little earner, Yes? a Sandwich Shop in a Business Area

My Wife has a travelling Food lady call daily at the Offices who sells her load every day but then what's in the Rolls and bread would not suit me.

Sub Way in Oz used to do some good rolls and other stuff, never had one here, don't even no if the have a store in Cebu.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Andy is in Switzerland just now waiting for a Hip Replacement.

Oops, just heard from Gerry that the "Andy" who is having a hip replacement is the "Andy" from Andy's Golden Grill, which is a place I have never tried.  Too many Andy's in the restaurant business?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Oops, just heard from Gerry that the "Andy" who is having a hip replacement is the "Andy" from Andy's Golden Grill, which is a place I have never tried.  Too many Andy's in the restaurant business?

Then I sincerely apologize for the Misinformation. I will tell my Source. 100 lines to me 

post-2148-0-42319400-1449631103_thumb.jp  :lol:  must check before sending.

Jack :rolleyes:

• Like 1

putidako
Posted
Posted

This is Private Garden near to where the built the Robinson's in Duma?

It used to be OK when Dave had it years ago, but in those days even with a pretty hands-on American manager, I would never have got a western-type breakfast meal there. I gave up on those in Asia years ago. They're simply not worth bothering with. In fact now I even make Filipino-type breakfast s myself. An onion,garlic,ginger and corn beef sauce, couple of eggs sunny side up and rice is an excellent breakfast meal, much better than a Full English even if you could get decent ingredients.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Filipino-type breakfast s myself. An onion,garlic,ginger and corn beef sauce, couple of eggs sunny side up and rice is an excellent breakfast meal, much better than a Full English even if you could get decent ingredients.

Nah! have to Disagree with you there my Friend, We are fairly Lucky here in Dumaguete with Breakfast Ingredients from Sausage to Black Puddings.Bacon too for that matter. Fresh Mushrooms can be Scarce but tinned suit me just the same. Many things I can do with out now here but my English Breakfast is a Must, Even got a regular supply of HP brown sauce to make my day but each to their own as we say.

Jack :)

BTW yes it is the Private garden you mentioned. but apparently you can get a brunch but hit and miss on Breakfast.

Edit to add a little piece.

Edited by Jack Peterson

jpbago
Posted
Posted
Food for though here, if you could get the right Ingredients a nice little earner, Yes? a Sandwich Shop in a Business Area My Wife has a travelling Food lady call daily at the Offices who sells her load every day but then what's in the Rolls and bread would not suit me.

And what we like in a decent sandwich would not suit the locals. The locals like what you see in the bakeries as in the Food lady's cart.. As for salads, not a big seller here partly because of poor ingredients and partly just not in their diet. My 69 relatives never had mustard nor pickles until now. For them, a hot dog is a wiener and a bun, nothing else. A hamburger is meat, mayo, and a bun.

the other jp

• Like 1