Argumentative Members (Or Just Ex-Pats)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Another idea I have is that some people just outlive their sense of humor... 

I have mentioned something similar in the past.  Many older folks, especially men, get set in their ways, and don't want to listen to another opinion.  Sometimes this can be amplified by physical problems such as high blood pressure or stroke.

Then add in the anonymity of the internet, and it is amplified again.

OY! post-2148-0-65252700-1449638242_thumb.jp I resemble those remarks  :hystery:  But OMW I don't think you should Muddy this Topic with the TRUTH  :thumbsup:  That can Hurt  :mocking:

Jack ( Humour hat on of course.) :tiphat:

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

OK , OK , OK , You have got me,

I am SORRY for asking stupid questions all the time , Getting peoples backs up and just being a dam nosy git who knows bugger all and just wants to fight everyone ,

There you have it, :bash:

LOVE TO ALL except that bloke who winds me up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted

A good fight is ok sometimes , its knowing when you are beaten thats the problem

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

OK , OK , OK , You have got me,

I am SORRY for asking stupid questions all the time , Getting peoples backs up and just being a dam nosy git who knows bugger all and just wants to fight everyone ,

There you have it,

LOVE TO ALL except that bloke who winds me up

:hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:  keep taking the Tablets Steve 

Jack :lol:

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I will acknowledged now that I have went beyond the boundaries of forum rules and etiquette from time to time.  Sorry, it's the nature of the beast in me, trying to protect this forum and my fellow members.

I would assume they were kicked out from other forums too.  Or they were actual agents hired by jealous forum owners.  

In my personal opinion, this forum is still the best one in town, bar none.  I'm still learning......feels like a good cup of morning coffee each time I log on.  My daily newspaper and chat room.

Respectfully -- Jake

Jake you are right on ,

You do make me smile with lots of your comments

• Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted

One of the things I like is that with rare exceptions when a newbie asks a question that has been addressed many times, he doesn't get the "shut up and use the search button" kind of answer. There are forums (not just for PI) where this answer is constant.

Everyone is not super Internet savvy and therefore don't "search" well and sometimes I have had questions that while common had my own spin to it - so I asked anyway.

As to disagreements, they are inevitable, can be positive, and I have no problem with them, as long as they don't break down into personal insults or name calling. The powers that be handle that sort of crap very well here, as we saw in the recent soap opera.

I think one of the most important things on any forum (on any topic) is to take your time and try to find like-minded people. There is rarely one answer to any issue and sometimes we forget that just because strategy A worked for us, strategy B, C, and Z might be more valuable for someone else.

So the truth is there are members on any forum that I feel are in similar situations to me and therefore I am more apt to seek out their opinion.

• Like 4

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've seen here as conversations develop and sometimes mutate, the patience and tolerence when most main stay folks here TRY to deal as best as they can with the belligerent, odd, and insulting responses from types like the DNA guy,Elmer Fudd the Hunter (boy was he a winner), and the unstable wife guy who all seem to be reaching out initially for advice or help. I also know folks like Dave, Jack, Chris, Jake, and a few others who will call these folks out in the fashion they deserve with JGF dropping the well deserved death blow. This forum has a great filter (ie rules) to keep things some what sane here-although we have our moments.

Side note on that said... One of my challenges-being here on this forum with all you wonderful folks for about a year and a half myself, is that I echo a lot what Stevewool said (maybe a little toungue in cheek-me too), :)  but plow through the thoughts others may have of me (being positive or negative) and continue to post my humble opinion or input hoping never to regress to the point those "others" we saw recently have..

Face to face I'd buy most of you guys a beer or 3 vs my typing here which can show in reality 2 different people to a degree.

...onward through the fog...

Hello Steve,

I've always enjoy reading your comments and opinions.  It gets me back down to earth -- Kansas, to be exact....he, he. Your highlighted comments above gives me (us) another slap in the face reality check.  I will acknowledged now that I have went beyond the boundaries of forum rules and etiquette from time to time.  Sorry, it's the nature of the beast in me, trying to protect this forum and my fellow members.

And I suppose, there are devils that reside in everyone of us but usually kept under control.  But modern day social media openly brings out evil intentions with the convenient use of the keyboard.  They're like invading viruses to the forum but Tom and his staff of moderators are johnny on the spot.  I would assume they were kicked out from other forums too.  Or they were actual agents hired by jealous forum owners.  

I like the way Tom (Boss Man, JGF) has allowed us to see part of the hidden nasty posts and then quickly slammed the door knob up his ass.  Thank you -- I think we are better educated to actually see what's behind an arrogant troll.  

In my personal opinion, this forum is still the best one in town, bar none.  I'm still learning......feels like a good cup of morning coffee each time I log on.  My daily newspaper and chat room.

Respectfully -- Jake

Jake, folks like you need to be on every successful forum to give it that special "edge". Nice as Pie (usually), mean as spit (where it's deserved), but mostly adding that extra Je Ne Sais Qua only you can provide. We missed you when you were gone, but will aim better next time (ha ha)...

Don't forget also ....one awe Sh*t wipes out 10 atta boys-that's me thinking inward actually. As far as dealing with the trolls, it seems the folks with slippers on the ground-past and present tend to handle these kind of folks the best.

Edited by Hey Steve
  • Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

Je Ne Sais Qua?

I didn't know that people from Kansas speak Farsi, or was that French?  Anyway, I am grateful that I was given the opportunity to deal with all kinds of people and their unique and complex personalities.  The learning curve was very steep as I matured up the military ladder of responsibility and leadership.  Actually, I was fortunate to express my own style of leadership.  The military really does not have a democracy.  My troops could not take a vote whether my instructions or orders were appropriate or not.

Whereas in the civilian world, like this forum......I had to force myself to tone it down.  However, the military also taught me some other valuable lessons too.  I don't back down too easily, just like my favorite RAF Flyboy, Jack P.  Yeah, I lost count on how many times I wasted all those atta-boys -- I've been called on the carpet a couple times, even when I was command master chief.  Got my ass chewed but in the end, I was righteous in slamming a dirt bag sailor down to the deck.  

My principles stand as far as dealing with stupid and arrogant people: a good swift kick in the ass, actually makes him step forward, don't you think.......he, he.  

• Like 3