Argumentative Members (Or Just Ex-Pats)

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I'm surely CORECT

Good for you.  You are doing better than 2 out of 3 lawyers in Philippines.  I say that because there have been occasions when I have asked 3 lawyers the same question and got 3 different answers. (Same thing with doctors, oddly enough).

So I have learned that when someone TRULY believes they are "surely correct", when it comes to Philippine Law, then I take that person's information with a shaker full of salt.  As to the reasons why the lawyers give different info, I can only surmise that they have a: not kept up with the latest law changes (and repeals) or b: not kept up with the latest court decisions as to how the laws are being implemented or c: misinterpreted what they read or d: tell the foreigner  whatever they think he wants to hear or e: optimistically allow for laws that have not yet been 'completely' passed or perhaps these laws need additional laws before they can be implemented.  IMHO,  these are all reasons why it often takes decades for the legal system to work here.

Well. You did cut WHAT I wrote I claim I'm surely corect about...   :)

Yes. I have noticed some such claim I'm wrong about some things, when I'm surely CORECT:

1. There ARE cells where the Police can put e g violent drunks, even if an expat claim there aren't any... :)

2. Some seem to think some things are legal just because they know someone who haven't been caught doing it !!! :lol: And they go on saying I'm wrong even when I posted QUOTES of the relevant LAWS!!!

And to conect to what you wrote about lawyers, I'm surely corect when I claim

3. lawyers are surely WRONG when they "solve" geting around the Anti-Dummy law by using Dummies !!! :1 (103):  And then they demand much pay for it... :bash:

You are corect it's very hard to know if something is LEGAL, because some OTHER law can tell it isn't,

but it's easier to tell when something is ILLEGAL because such can be told in ONE law. (As for instance in the "Anti-Dummy" law.)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I'm surely CORECT

Good for you.  You are doing better than 2 out of 3 lawyers in Philippines.  I say that because there have been occasions when I have asked 3 lawyers the same question and got 3 different answers. (Same thing with doctors, oddly enough).

So I have learned that when someone TRULY believes they are "surely correct", when it comes to Philippine Law, then I take that person's information with a shaker full of salt.  As to the reasons why the lawyers give different info, I can only surmise that they have a: not kept up with the latest law changes (and repeals) or b: not kept up with the latest court decisions as to how the laws are being implemented or c: misinterpreted what they read or d: tell the foreigner  whatever they think he wants to hear or e: optimistically allow for laws that have not yet been 'completely' passed or perhaps these laws need additional laws before they can be implemented.  IMHO,  these are all reasons why it often takes decades for the legal system to work here.

Well. You did cut WHAT I wrote I claim I'm surely corect about...   :)

Yes. I have noticed some such claim I'm wrong about some things, when I'm surely CORECT:

1. There ARE cells where the Police can put e g violent drunks, even if an expat claim there aren't any... :)

2. Some seem to think some things are legal just because they know someone who haven't been caught doing it !!! :lol: And they go on saying I'm wrong even when I posted QUOTES of the relevant LAWS!!!

And to conect to what you wrote about lawyers, I'm surely corect when I claim

3. lawyers are surely WRONG when they "solve" geting around the Anti-Dummy law by using Dummies !!! :1 (103):  And then they demand much pay for it... :bash:

You are corect it's very hard to know if something is LEGAL, because some OTHER law can tell it isn't,

but it's easier to tell when something is ILLEGAL because such can be told in ONE law. (As for instance in the "Anti-Dummy" law.)

Argumentative members is the topic title, I see why.  Topic closed   :santa_trumpet:

• Like 1