Starting My 13A Visa Process

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Accomplished = completed or filled out.  I do not recall that form to require notarization.  The BI office in Cebu did require us to notarize the letter.  You can find multiple examples for a letter if you google "sample letter for 13A visa".  An attorney will be required to do any notary stamps.

florin1106
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, intrepid said:

1)  Word it short and simple.  I did my 13A application in the US.  Had it notarized.  I would suppose in the PI needed also. Sample;  I _________ , do hereby request my husband, _________ be granted a 13A visa for the purpose of retiring and living full time in the Philippines.

signed___________________  Dated_______________  Notary_____________________

2)Duly accomplished = completed.

should I take it to a Lawyer?= if that is your only option but should not be necessary.

hope this helps.

Thank you very much

Appreciated 

Chuck

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, florin1106 said:

How should I word it ?

This is what happened to me in January.

We went in to get my 1 year 13A converted to permanent. We worded the memo EXACTLY like we did for the probationary visa (which was approved no problems). Submitted it and was told it was in the wrong format. (at that time no format was posted on the BOI website). We were told that right next door was an attorney kiosk who had the right format and would notarize it. Walked next door, gave the girl our information, she filled it out, notarized it (300 pesos) and we were out the door.

Now this is what happened to us at the Manila office. Tomorrow I go and pick up my permanent 13a.

As with anything here in the Philippines YMMV :hystery::cheersty: 

florin1106
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, scott h said:

This is what happened to me in January.

We went in to get my 1 year 13A converted to permanent. We worded the memo EXACTLY like we did for the probationary visa (which was approved no problems). Submitted it and was told it was in the wrong format. (at that time no format was posted on the BOI website). We were told that right next door was an attorney kiosk who had the right format and would notarize it. Walked next door, gave the girl our information, she filled it out, notarized it (300 pesos) and we were out the door.

Now this is what happened to us at the Manila office. Tomorrow I go and pick up my permanent 13a.

As with anything here in the Philippines YMMV :hystery::cheersty: 

Thank you for reply..

Congrats for tomorrow when you get the Permanent Visa ! WOW !

Question: do you happen to have a copy of that letter Format ( from that Lawyer?) 

If you do can you post it here ?

Thank you indeed..

Chuck

What is YMMV stands for ? he he 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, florin1106 said:

What is YMMV stands for ?

Your Mileage May Vary :laugh:

In other words, the memo I used in January, might not be any good now, or not accepted by the BOI office your using. I don't want you to go there and when told its wrong you stand up and scream "but Scott H used it!!!!" :hystery::hystery:

When we come back tomorrow, ill get a copy and get it scanned

florin1106
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, scott h said:

Your Mileage May Vary :laugh:

In other words, the memo I used in January, might not be any good now, or not accepted by the BOI office your using. I don't want you to go there and when told its wrong you stand up and scream "but Scott H used it!!!!" :hystery::hystery:

When we come back tomorrow, ill get a copy and get it scanned

No Scotty I wouldn't do any screaming or anything like that..

Ok if you can scan that form and put it here..After that I will call them in Cebu and asked/read it to make sure I do not go all the way there for nothing..

You're right my Mileage is varying quite a lot as I have to drive 40 minutes to the Pier, catch a Ferry boat for a 2.5 hours sail, catch a cab again to JC Centre in Cebu etc..That is close to 4 plus hours time..one way! Hmmm! 

Thanks again

Chuck

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Here is the letter I used when I got my 13A back in 2008.

Your & her name,

Your address,

Zip code.

To whom it may concern,

I request that my husband, YOUR NAME, status be changed from ‘Temporary Visitor’ to ‘Non Quota Immigrant’ due to our legal marriage. We were married in TOWN at the Roman Catholic Church in my home town of  TOWN on DATE & YEAR.

We have resided at the above address, which is fully paid for (OR RENTED), since Date & YEAR.

Having obtained and provided the required documentation and affidavits, I request that the application be processed.

-----------------------------------------

TYPE WIFES NAME HERE & SIGN ABOVE

florin1106
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Steve & Myrlita said:

Here is the letter I used when I got my 13A back in 2008.

Your & her name,

Your address,

Zip code.

To whom it may concern,

I request that my husband, YOUR NAME, status be changed from ‘Temporary Visitor’ to ‘Non Quota Immigrant’ due to our legal marriage. We were married in TOWN at the Roman Catholic Church in my home town of  TOWN on DATE & YEAR.

We have resided at the above address, which is fully paid for (OR RENTED), since Date & YEAR.

Having obtained and provided the required documentation and affidavits, I request that the application be processed.

-----------------------------------------

TYPE WIFES NAME HERE & SIGN ABOVE

Thank you Steve

Much appreciated

Have a good one

Chuck

florin1106
Posted
Posted
On 4/9/2016 at 7:07 AM, Mike J said:

Accomplished = completed or filled out.  I do not recall that form to require notarization.  The BI office in Cebu did require us to notarize the letter.  You can find multiple examples for a letter if you google "sample letter for 13A visa".  An attorney will be required to do any notary stamps.

Thanks Mike

Chuck

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Florin, I got our letter scanned today, but the folks I use, their internet is down so I should have it for you tomorrow. My original letter for my probationary 13A was much like Steve's which was used and submitted in 2015. When I went for my permanent we just changed a few words to reflect that we were now applying for permanent, had it notarized and included it in our packet. Upon submission we were told that it was wrong and to go next door and for a 300 peso fee (I think), took 5 minutes.

Now, having said all that, far be it for me to say that Steve's will not work. One thing most of us can agree on is that things change widely from office to office, branch to branch and upon the whim of the current manager. Heck for all I know the head of our branch might have made this change just to throw a relative some work. Anyway, ill up load it as soon as it comes in and you can decide.

OH BTW we picked up my permanent 13a visa this last Monday. So I don't have to dick with it for 5 more years:6: 

• Like 3