All Changing In The Uk

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

My friend's Filipina wife has just applied to extend her visa.

Married and living here two years, she now has to renew her visa at great cost.

I was shocked that it will cost approx £650 plus an extra health cover totaling £1300.

She cannot apply for citizenship for another three years, by which time I hate to think how much the application will cost!

Her co worker and her family, has just been force to return to India, because they could not afford the

£10.000 to renew their visa's to stay here.

Many Filipino's who chose not to take out citizenship may find it differcult to remain here in UK in the future

Just posting this for the benefit of those contemplating a move to UK

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

If i was courting a lady from the Philippines there would be no way i would even think about bringing her here, like you have said, the cost,

I was lucky we just had the 3 years from start to finish, the total cost was a few thousand pound ,

Emma is now a British citizen ,

What gets me about the new rules is the health cover and the crap about not being able to claim for this and that for years, but if you are working and paying tax and insurance surly it should be free in return,

Hey ho like i have said i would not do it all now,

• Like 1

davewe
Posted
Posted

My friend's Filipina wife has just applied to extend her visa.

Married and living here two years, she now has to renew her visa at great cost.

I was shocked that it will cost approx £650 plus an extra health cover totaling £1300.

She cannot apply for citizenship for another three years, by which time I hate to think how much the application will cost!

Her co worker and her family, has just been force to return to India, because they could not afford the

£10.000 to renew their visa's to stay here.

Many Filipino's who chose not to take out citizenship may find it differcult to remain here in UK in the future

Just posting this for the benefit of those contemplating a move to UK

I recently wrote a blog post complaining a little bit about the Green Card costs in the US. But these are certainly worse.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

In light of recent terrorist attacks in France and San Bernardino, CA (about 30 miles from me), there are now reviewing and possibly revamping all kinds of visas here in the states.  I would imagine Europe is going down that path too and will be more restrictive and will significantly cost more.  

In other words, an immigration nightmare.......

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

JB My Friend, I thought I could answer this in a One or two liner but I can't. Not being a Politically Minded Person it needs to be answered from Thought process of many years living in the Mire of the "Foreigner" in our own Country( Wherever that may be.) & not Politically. So much can be written and indeed is said but as with many things there are two sides to all things. the Word "VISA' and RIGHTto REMAIN are so very Different.

We on 13a's have for the answer here the Right to remain as in we are Permanent ( well as long as they see Fit.)

Now on a 9a we are here as a Tourist until we get Permanent. Costs for this are Minimal compared to other Countries but it remains we have to pay to Stay here. Should they up the Cost to meet UK Standards well, those things will be for each to Consider. We have to Pay for Medical Treatment here, so if you look at it Logicaly that's Status Quo.   

The main thing is that they won't Segregate in the UK it is One size Fits all, No matter if you have a Stable Relationship but have no Right to Stay you are on a Visa like all the rest and that will Cost. If you Think about Your Friends wife is Lucky she can Work, Here on a 9a You cant, Even a Work Permit is yearly so it is all back to Visa's. On the personal Side your Friends wife is a Special case in that she is married and Working now here of course she would have a Right to a 13 a and Permanent Status so the PI does Segregate.

As to the Health Service issues again they Won't Segregate, But if a man's UK Wife did not or never had worked, they would get health help based on the husbands NI contributions ( but I read that may Change as well as the pension issue) so it has to be paid for. Member Methersgate (Andrew) wrote and told us that he had to put in Deposits for "K" and Little "k" so this is nothing New  But the Additions are not Welcomed by those already there for a Year or two. ( That I can fully understand)

Thing is, Since (In my life time) we had the Enoch Powell thing The Pakistani issue coupled with the Ugandan and Indian Saga, the Population in many areas were shouting Send them Home or make them Pay, Now 50 years later they seem to be doing that. Rightly or Wrongly it looks like it will happen but it is the same here want to stay you pay or get married and get a Permanent leave to Stay.

There is no easy answer to this and I wish there was but the UK and I guess other Countries too cant seem to get to Grips with the Relationship issues

There should and could ( As we know from here) Be a separate part of the immigration Law in the UK that deals with Married Filipinos Differently but JB Until that Happens  People without the 5 year continuous stay are going to be treated as Visitors, that means a Visa and it is a great shame But.....

Maybe an  MP's Lobby on this can Help

Sorry it is long Winded but It is how I see it, It's Wrong on Married People. There needs to be more thought put into this.

Jack :tiphat:

A serious Headed Morning all :morning1:

• Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
Jack :tiphat: A serious Headed Morning all :morning1:

I agree totally Jack,

That it has been a long time coming and we are now applying the same rules as other Countries.

But as part EC we are proned to forget the privleges we extend to other EC members, not to mention the refugee crisis.

I just feel that,  if as an Englishman who chooses to marry a Filipina, her rights should be covered by her husbands status.

I guess that some put more in the pot than others and often get less back in return.

Another serious Headed morning coffee drinker. :morning1: :morning1:

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Very topical. K is here on a fiancée visa; the cost of her visa plus little k's was £1870. plus the TB test, the English test and of course the air fare and the small mountain of paperwork. She is not allowed to work and will have to go home on the 4th of April unless she marries me in which case we fork over another two visa fees PLUS the £600 (each) NHS Surcharge.

Rip Off Britain.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Very topical. K is here on a fiancée visa; the cost of her visa plus little k's was £1870. plus the TB test, the English test and of course the air fare and the small mountain of paperwork. She is not allowed to work and will have to go home on the 4th of April unless she marries me in which case we fork over another two visa fees PLUS the £600 (each) NHS Surcharge.Rip Off Britain.

Do we hear wedding bells

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Do we hear wedding bells

post-2148-0-87799000-1449793292_thumb.jp  :thumbsup:

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Do we hear wedding bells

attachicon.giflike+button.jpg  :thumbsup:

Well either that or a plane fare home...

There is, however, a small technical problem.  

K has had a life long ambition to get married wearing not a traditional wedding dress but white shorts and a white T shirt, This seems to me to be a fine idea, but in the English winter...

• Like 1