All Changing In The Uk

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
This seems to me to be a fine idea, but in the English winter...

Thermals! springs to mind

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

The Pm said that he would cut immigration to the uk and he was elected on that. But what he has cut is our kind of immigration where we have paid in for years and now he  lets all kinds of people in but not our spouses.Business as usual. Yes rip of Britain but only for the brits. How many of the other people speak English.

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

The Pm said that he would cut immigration to the uk and he was elected on that. But what he has cut is our kind of immigration where we have paid in for years and now he  lets all kinds of people in but not our spouses.Business as usual. Yes rip of Britain but only for the brits. How many of the other people speak English.

"Triple Like!" 

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

Sounds a bit like my country. European citizens living in Switzerland have the right to bring along their spouses without further questioning or administrative process/costs. Swiss citizens do not, and get questioned on the legality of their marriage and so forth... 

So some Swiss are barred from living with their wife in their own country - but at the same time we have record immigration from all over the world.. 

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

So some Swiss are barred from living with their wife in their own country - but at the same time we have record immigration from all over the world.. 

This Surprises me FTB! Switzerland, Not actually being an EEC country, Why is this, then can I ask? Well probably, I mean do you think? Normally the Swiss answer to no one, which is Good.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

In light of recent terrorist attacks in France and San Bernardino, CA (about 30 miles from me), there are now reviewing and possibly revamping all kinds of visas here in the states.  I would imagine Europe is going down that path too and will be more restrictive and will significantly cost more.  

In other words, an immigration nightmare.......

Ah...so we may finally get some immigration reform... just not what people expected....  :tiphat:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Sounds a bit like my country. European citizens living in Switzerland have the right to bring along their spouses without further questioning or administrative process/costs. Swiss citizens do not, and get questioned on the legality of their marriage and so forth... 

So some Swiss are barred from living with their wife in their own country - but at the same time we have record immigration from all over the worl

A Swiss guy told me the same thing the other night..Not many people in the old countries are happy with the situation only the ones making out of the situation but how long will that last?

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

This Surprises me FTB! Switzerland, Not actually being an EEC country, Why is this, then can I ask? Well probably, I mean do you think? Normally the Swiss answer to no one, which is Good.

It's due to our restrictive immigration policies for people from non-EU countries combined with the fact that we have to obey EU freedom of movement rules as we joined Schengen... it's a mess... but hopefully the EU will implode soon so we're done with all those ridiculous rules and can implement an Australian point-based immigration system with family reunion for all Swiss citizens but restricted for non-citizens. 

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I will just record that whilst the bureaucracy is stifling, K and her seven year old son ("small k") have encountered no hostility whatsoever in the UK - the school, the Bank, the Doctor, the neighbours, the local pub, the Rector, the yacht club, the rugby club and of course my own friends have all gone out of their way to be nice.    

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I will just record that whilst the bureaucracy is stifling, K and her seven year old son ("small k") have encountered no hostility whatsoever in the UK - the school, the Bank, the Doctor, the neighbours, the local pub, the Rector, the yacht club, the rugby club and of course my own friends have all gone out of their way to be nice.    

post-2148-0-41869700-1450437151.jpg

• Like 1