Looking For Apartment In Davao Del Sur Area

BobP
Posted
Posted

Hi Everyone,

My gf told me she is looking for a furnished apartment in Davao del Sur area.

Just her living there, need something inexpensive, clean in safe area.  Duh.  Who doesn't? LOL.

Her budget is very limited.  (I can hear y'all now.  What is "very limited??? :lol: )  5000 PP / month?

Sorry I don't have actual PP amounts, but let's say it will need to be very affordable.

Anyone have any contacts or personal experience with this area?  I would love to help her find something!

Thank you all VERY MUCH for comments, advice, suggestions, etc., etc.

BobP

:cheersty:

:hohoho_smiley:

BobP
Posted
Posted

I stand corrected.

GF looking for apartment in Koronadal City (Marbel), not Davao.  This city is in the South Cotabato Province.

She found a room for $63 USD / month, so she may already have something in mind.

If anyone has a good lead on a 1 bedroom , 1 bath, with living room furnished apt. for around 7000 pp month, please let me know.

Thank you.

BobP

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

I stand corrected.

GF looking for apartment in Koronadal City (Marbel), not Davao.  This city is in the South Cotabato Province.

She found a room for $63 USD / month, so she may already have something in mind.

If anyone has a good lead on a 1 bedroom , 1 bath, with living room furnished apt. for around 7000 pp month, please let me know.

Thank you.

BobP

Bob, I would like to read between the lines here.

Based on everything you have posted since joining, and based on this post. You have not yet met this girl. You might think you are doing the right thing by helping her, and who knows you might end up staying there with her. 

But my opinion is she is getting to you early, and although it doesn't seem like much it may escalate.

Ingats ka lagi pa. Always be careful.

As for the room or apartment, no such knowledge, sorry.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I live in Marbel, all I can recommend regarding your enquiry is for the lady in question to look around. If she has found a place already at the rent you quote, then she is ok and does not need to pursue further. There are lots of new apartments being built here, at all levels of affordability. I will say though that rents will rise as Marbel is the fastest growing city in Mindanao.

• Like 2

BobP
Posted
Posted

I stand corrected.

Thank you.

BobP

Bob, I would like to read between the lines here.

Based on everything you have posted since joining, and based on this post. You have not yet met this girl. You might think you are doing the right thing by helping her, and who knows you might end up staying there with her. 

But my opinion is she are getting to you early, and although it doesn't seem like much it may escalate.

Ingats pa lagi pa. Always be careful.

As for the room or apartment, no such knowledge, sorry.

Thank you Chris.  I may be getting scammed, but I sure don't think so.  Of course, no one knows when they are getting scammed by an expert scammer, do they?  I think what she and I are experiencing is real and true.  She has not asked for 1 penny from me for anything.  I will keep you guys posted on my ongoing actions/relationship. 

BobP

I live in Marbel, all I can recommend regarding your enquiry is for the lady in question to look around. If she has found a place already at the rent you quote, then she is ok and does not need to pursue further. There are lots of new apartments being built here, at all levels of affordability. I will say though that rents will rise as Marbel is the fastest growing city in Mindanao.

Thank you Virgin.  Quite a name!  hehehe

BobP

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

I will keep you guys posted on my ongoing actions/relationship

Hello BobP,

I appreciate Chris49's concern about your plans of supporting someone you have not met yet.  Actually, it's really not any of our business to keep us informed on your progress.  We just want you to proceed with caution, OK?

Best of luck to you sir!  Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted
Thank you Chris.  I may be getting scammed, but I sure don't think so.

I don't think she will scam you. I think a young Filipina who likes you will try to establish further your interest in the relationship, which is another way of gauging your commitment. You did say she has not asked for anything, but she might not need to (we don't know however if you are ending money, which precludes her need to ask).

Wxxxxx there in Manila, someone I know set his gf up in a sari sari there in the province, also Mindinao. Of course he paid everything and she was supposed to live off the profit, including helping her family. The thing lost money and he would have been further ahead sending her a small amount each month.

7000 pesos for a small room in the province non sharing is extravagant. You did not ask but I'm telling you anyway.

• Like 2

BobP
Posted
Posted

Thank you Chris.  I may be getting scammed, but I sure don't think so.

I don't think she will scam you. I think a young Filipina who likes you will try to establish further your interest in the relationship, which is another way of gauging your commitment. You did say she has not asked for anything, but she might not need to (we don't know however if you are ending money, which precludes her need to ask).

Wxxxxx there in Manila, someone I know set his gf up in a sari sari there in the province, also Mindinao. Of course he paid everything and she was supposed to live off the profit, including helping her family. The thing lost money and he would have been further ahead sending her a small amount each month.

7000 pesos for a small room in the province non sharing is extravagant. You did not ask but I'm telling you anyway.

Chris,

She found a 1 room for 3000 pp.  I wanted her to have some more room and something nicer and asked her the rate for a "nicer" 1 br, 1 bath and she said about 7000 pp.

BobP

:cheersty:  :hohoho_smiley:

virginprune
Posted
Posted (edited)

Koronadal City is not " in the province " the clue's in the name! Edited by virginprune
  • Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted
Koronadal City is not " in the province " the clue's in the name!

150, 000 population, which I did not know. It's still "in" a province rather than Metro Manila.

I thought 7000 for a single girl was high. Most would be in a boarding house.

However, Bob didn't ask for any of that, so good luck to him.