Britain's Most Married Man

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Not sure why this is a news story, seems more personal to me but this guy is getting married again but this time to a Filipina. Makes sense now.  :santa_trumpet:

Britain's most married man will spend Christmas with would-be wife number nine in the Philippines after number 8 dumped him for sharing bed with masseuse 

Britain's most married man is planning on spending Christmas with his potential ninth wife after number eight ended their relationship because he shared a bed with a masseuse.  
Ron Sheppard, 67, will spend the festive season with call centre worker Cristel Marquez after secretly chatting her up online.
He initially met Miss Marquez, 27, in Thailand more than ten years ago when she was 15 or 16 and he was married to wife number seven.

The retired holiday camp entertainer became single earlier this year after his eighth wife Weng, 36, ended their 11-year marriage. 
She claimed he had shared a bed with a 27-year-old female masseuse while on holiday in the Philippines.
Mr Sheppard, who has eight children from his marriages, initially denied misbehaving and tried to win Weng back. 

But he now admits he has already set his sights on wife number nine. 
Mr Sheppard has not yet told Weng, who he still shares a house with in Martock, Somerset, of his plans to fly to the Philippines for Miss Marquez.
He said: 'Weng doesn't know anything about this at all. I'm just keeping it quiet from her.

'She thinks that I'm going to marry the massage girl, but I'm not. I met Cristel on a website and we just said "hello".
'She had put a thing up saying that she was "interested" so I looked at that and we just started chatting.
'I knew what was going to happen months ago with Weng and me, and I thought "well I don't like being alone".' 
His eighth wife said she didn't want to be with him after he shared a bed with a 27-year-old female masseuse (pictured) while on holiday 
+9
His eighth wife said she didn't want to be with him after he shared a bed with a 27-year-old female masseuse (pictured) while on holiday 
He admitted he had told 'lovely' Miss Marquez about his past, including the eight former wives.
He added: 'We just sort of fell for each other. She's a lovely girl. Weng was probably my number one, but as far as I'm concerned that's all over.
'She can go and do what she wants and I can get on with my life.'

On his dating profile, Mr Sheppard - who describes himself as an 'author and writer' - promises he's a 'one man, one woman guy'.
He wrote: 'I would surprise you with gifts when you are not expecting it, whether it be flowers, perfume or a romantic dinner under candlelight, along with romantic music, and a single red rose for you to show how much I love you.  
'The evening would not end there [as there would be] a nice walk on the beach under a 1,000 stars hand in hand.
'To finish the night off a shower together. Then let nature take its course. I am a loyal one man, one woman guy.'
Mr Sheppard, who, according to his dating profile, likes eating out, going to the cinema and walking, said he tested Miss Marquez to see if she just wanted money.

He said: 'She's very simple. She comes from a simple family. She's just a very nice, caring sort of girl.
'Obviously I sort of tested her to see if she was after money, but she said she has got her own job and she has her own house.
'I'm going to go over there next week or the week after. I'll probably go for three or four months.'

post-1-0-17898600-1449802599_thumb.jpg post-1-0-93066600-1449802600_thumb.jpg

Asked if she could end up becoming wife number nine, he admitted: 'I'm most certain of it because of the kind of person she is.
'She definitely loves me and she knows about the eight. She's very keen and I'm quite keen.
'We would live out in the Philippines but we might come back here. I might bring her back with me when I come back in May.
'I've got to find out for myself though. I'm not going to say for definite yet - not yes or no.' 
Miss Marquez, who lives in Pampanga with her mother, said the couple had a 'great connection'.
She said: 'We've known each other for years, but we met again recently on an online dating website. It's feels like fate. It just happened.
'I want to marry Ron - definitely. He is a very loving person and so sweet. I'm attracted to him. I've fallen in love with him.
'I know about Ron being married eight times before and it doesn't matter to me. He's really honest and it's already passed so it's the past.'  

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

The main difference between this fellow and some others I know is that he actually went to the trouble of marrying the other 8.  Most guys just move in with them for a few years and if it does not work they move out.  Using that latter criteria, I am on number 8 myself.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
 Using that latter criteria, I am on number 8 myself.

:hystery:  I wonder how many Members are counting as we write? If it is Honesty Time I am on number 7

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

I wonder how many Members are counting as we write? If it is Honesty Time I am on number 7

I defer to my daughter in law, a very sharp legal sec in the USA.

She lost count and she was not 100% sure on the number of children. One child had been assigned to me in Manila and another one had an altered Birth Cert, revised by the mother, but they were not my kids. Another one adopted by a former gf and she used my name on the adoption papers and it never went through anyway.

Four marriages, one was not legal and declared null and void. A few live in arrangements, but who is counting?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

This just BEGGED to be Googled so here it is:

Glynn Wolfe, also known as Scotty Wolfe (July 25, 1908 – June 10, 1997), was a Baptist minister who resided in Blythe, California. He was famous for holding the record for the largest number of monogamous marriages (29). His shortest marriage lasted 19 days, and his longest lasted eleven years.

• Like 5

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Mmmmmm, most of you manage to make my four wives look tame.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Evidently I have not been trying hard enough. Currently on relationship number four and hoping that it will turn into marriage number three.

Heredity is not on my side - I am the product of my father's third marriage and my mother's second - they married in 1950 and stayed that way - but two of those four marriages were wartime ones and they didn't really count 

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Using that latter criteria, I am on number 8 myself.

:hystery:  I wonder how many Members are counting as we write? If it is Honesty Time I am on number 7

Not times married though surely.

• Like 1