Tang Juice Powder

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

100% unhealthy due to the sugar content. The sugar in such products is higher than that in soft drinks.

You do realize that the above statement insults, INSULTS I SAY! The entire American space program, all those with the "right stuff", NASA as a whole and the entire baby boom generation that drank TANG by the gallon so they could emulate all those brave astronauts.

(cough cough) It really doesn't matter that the baby boom generation as a whole are obese, suffers from diabetes, chronic pulmonary problems  and are generally the most unhealthy group on earth   :hystery:  :hystery:

It doesn`t matter if when in space astronauts get fat as they are weightless hahaha

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I find it funny that hotels and restaurants serve Tang as "juice" and seem to actually think it is juice.   

Well if it says Juice on the Packet it is Juice :thumbsup: post-2148-0-96383500-1449972773_thumb.jp  post-2148-0-75296000-1449972826.gif

How many times do we say it does what it says on the Packet.

Jack :tiphat:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I find it funny that hotels and restaurants serve Tang as "juice" and seem to actually think it is juice.   

Well if it says Juice on the Packet it is Juice :thumbsup: attachicon.giftang.jpg  attachicon.gifScratch head.gif

That only applies to Ronseal Jack

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

From the Space Food Hall of Fame:

Although many people (wrongly) believe NASA invented Tang®, the powdered orange drink mix does have a history that goes hand-in-hand with U.S. spaceflight.

Tang was originally made by General Foods in 1957, but its popularity reached new heights when it was chosen to fly with John Glenn on Friendship 7 and on later Gemini Program missions.

Now made by Kraft Foods, Tang® is still going strong, with over 1 billion dollars in annual sales worldwide. Today, powdered drink mixes are still used onboard the ISS; they come in Mylar drink bags with special valves for rehydrating without leaking.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well if it says Juice on the Packet it is Juice :thumbsup: attachicon.giftang.jpg  attachicon.gifScratch head.gif

That only applies to Ronseal Jack

It's OK Kev, I will stay with the Tang thank you very Much!  :thumbsup: Ronseal is a bit bitter for me.

For those not Understanding, Don't go there EH.  Kev's on a Roll :hystery:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Tang was originally made by General Foods in 1957

Thanks Dave, you once more destroyed one of my few remaining boy hood fantasies! Whats next? no santa?? :thumbsup:  :hystery:  

• Like 2

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

Although many people (wrongly) believe NASA invented Tang®, the powdered orange drink mix does have a history that goes hand-in-hand with U.S. spaceflight. Tang was originally made by General Foods in 1957, but its popularity reached new heights when it was chosen to fly with John Glenn on Friendship 7 and on later Gemini Program missions. Now made by Kraft Foods, Tang® is still going strong, with over 1 billion dollars in annual sales worldwide. Today, powdered drink mixes are still used onboard the ISS; they come in Mylar drink bags with special valves for rehydrating without leaking.

Glad you pointed that out. Also glad somebody didn't invoke Velcro®, which also predated NASA by a decade. :no:

• Like 2