Fun Flight Fact

jpbago
Posted
Posted (edited)

Dave, your screenshot is premium economy, not economy. Also it is only from Duma to Manila. PAL defaults to premium when I choose multi option and says not available when I choose return. Sometimes you have to think outside the nipa hut and use Expedia. PAL shows $2247 US but Expedia shows $1925 US for the same flights. Look at these 2 screenshots regarding baggage allowances

post-2913-0-70714900-1450063020_thumb.pn

post-2913-0-19683600-1450063059_thumb.pn

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
removed text background
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Sometimes you have to think outside the nipa hut and use Expedia.

You make a great case for checking all the angles.

I have to tell you a story, which I told on this forum years ago, about coming here from Canada with 2 large suitcases.  The travel agent in Canada gave me the tickets and a letter confirming that I was allowed to bring those suitcases free of charge but when I got to the airport in Edmonton, Air Canada charged me $100 in surplus baggage charges to get the bags from Edmonton to Vancouver.  AC said to get it back from the travel agent and the travel agent said to claim it back from AC.  YMMV but I would expect a similar situation in Duma

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Dave, your screenshot is premium economy, not economy. Also it is only from Duma to Manila. PAL defaults to premium when I choose multi option and says not available when I choose return. Sometimes you have to think outside the nipa hut and use Expedia. PAL shows $2247 US but Expedia shows $1925 US for the same flights. Look at these 2 screenshots regarding baggage allowances:

attachicon.gifExpedia Duma to YVR.PNG

attachicon.gifBaggage Fees Duma to Vancouver.PNG

In the screenshot is says C$2610.96. Guessing your price quoted above are missing Tax or something? 

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Dave, your screenshot is premium economy, not economy. Also it is only from Duma to Manila. PAL defaults to premium when I choose multi option and says not available when I choose return. Sometimes you have to think outside the nipa hut and use Expedia. PAL shows $2247 US but Expedia shows $1925 US for the same flights. Look at these 2 screenshots regarding baggage allowances:

attachicon.gifExpedia Duma to YVR.PNG

attachicon.gifBaggage Fees Duma to Vancouver.PNG

In the screenshot is says C$2610.96. Guessing your price quoted above are missing Tax or something? 

C$2610 is about $1925 US. I tried to make it easier to show just US currency.

the other jp

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
jpbago
Posted
Posted

Sometimes you have to think outside the nipa hut and use Expedia.

You make a great case for checking all the angles.

I have to tell you a story, which I told on this forum years ago, about coming here from Canada with 2 large suitcases.  The travel agent in Canada gave me the tickets and a letter confirming that I was allowed to bring those suitcases free of charge but when I got to the airport in Edmonton, Air Canada charged me $100 in surplus baggage charges to get the bags from Edmonton to Vancouver.  AC said to get it back from the travel agent and the travel agent said to claim it back from AC.  YMMV but I would expect a similar situation in Duma

YMMV but mine stays the same. I just bought 2 return tickets with PAL from Bacolod-Manila-Vancouver-Toronto with 2 bags each person allowed start to finish to start. Price was $1499 each US. I don't want to say how much in Canadian dollars. Never paid so much.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
YMMV but mine stays the same. I just bought 2 return tickets with PAL from Bacolod-Manila-Vancouver-Toronto with 2 bags each person allowed start to finish to start. Price was $1499 each US

Would you mind coming back to this thread after the trip is done?  Just to tell us if the people at the airport accepted all your luggage, according to your ticket, and did not charge any extra?  I am not doubting you have the tickets with the 2 bags allowed, I am just remembering times when the people at the check in counter charged me extra, even after I had the tickets and letter.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

So the US$1,000 price tag seemed reasonable and yet I thought I could do better so I searched HongKong to Vancouver (return).  Seems like there is an even better deal there.  Philippine Airlines offers a flight on that route for about $750.  

This is how I ended up in Hong Kong. I was looking for a flight from Fairbanks Alaska to Duma and found booking a flight to Hong Kong and a separate Hong Kong to Duma flight was $300 cheaper. So.... instead of getting to Duma in September I made a longgggg layover in Hong Kong, finally making it to Duma next week.

As far as luggage rules on PAL here to Duma, I have been wondering about that mystery myself. Will find out 'my reality' soon. lol 

• Like 1