Getting A British Passport For My Daughter

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

What I would like to know is would it be better to get a British passport  or register my daughter as a British citizen.Has anyone done either of these and which do you consider to be the best option.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

What I would like to know is would it be better to get a British passport  or register my daughter as a British citizen.Has anyone done either of these and which do you consider to be the best option.

Kev, she has to be a British Citizen to get a British Passport as she Lives out of the UK and will not Qualify for it otherwise, You can't get her a duel as you Don't live there anymore, this is my Understanding but a quick look at this may help

https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-embassy-manila

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

, she has to be a British Citizen to get a British Passport

Isn't there a difference between being a British Citizen and a British National?  I think this site explains the difference

https://www.gov.uk/british-passport-eligibility

post-41-0-01870000-1450068017_thumb.png

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

, she has to be a British Citizen to get a British Passport

Isn't there a difference between being a British Citizen and a British National?  I think this site explains the difference

https://www.gov.uk/british-passport-eligibility

attachicon.gifBritish National.png

I guess the site will soon clear that up but to me it is all gobbledy Gook. Diana (Sonjack's Daughter) is the Daughter of a British Citizen and should in my Mind, be afforded a full British Passport. But Red tape and all that.

The Embassy is  a good Start for this Cos it will have to be there that any thing can be started I am sure. 

Best of Luck My matey

Jack :thumbsup:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)

I remember you pointed me in the right direction before but when my PC crashed I lost all my bookmarks so many thanks for the info.

Edited by sonjack2847
  • Like 1

DavidK
Posted
Posted

If you're British and she is your daughter then she's entitled to a British passport. Just apply online and see what questions they come up with. Like "Provide us with DNA proof" :bash:  I don't know that they will but it is a possibility.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

If you're British and she is your daughter then she's entitled to a British passport. Just apply online and see what questions they come up with. Like "Provide us with DNA proof" :bash:  I don't know that they will but it is a possibility.

With what I do remember they can ask for DNA if they want to.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

With what I do remember they can ask for DNA if they want to.

A friend in Manila was telling me that the UK tend to work on admin stuff, Medical Records, Scans (During and After the birth)  Seems they only insist on DNA if they smell a rat. If this is the First Birth of the Wife and the marriage is a sound one They usually are OK But YMMV of course.

to me, if everything is in Order it should be dealt with as if you were still in the UK But..............

I still say that having the Marriage and the Birth Registered in the UK at the Registrar Generals off ice the way To Go.

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/faqs-overseas.asp

Jack :)