Typhoon Melor (Nona) Strikes The Philippines -- Everybody Okay?

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Lapu x 2 is overcast, with a bit of blue sky about, good breeze coming through the house, only problem I have here is finding cold beer, but must admit it's getting better. :cheersty:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Unless things Change we on Negros (Well Oriental at least) are going to get away with this one Phew!

Jack :thumbsup:

@ Chris 49, What it like up there my friend?

BigNick
Posted
Posted

At 1415 today...Dasmar, Cavite ....  Just an annoying rain... I had stuff to do today..grrrr.  Wedding is Sunday....   :unsure:

• Like 1

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Well on the golf course I can report the wind is now blowing from a different direction to the last few weeks. Of course I should say "Breeze" because that's all it is.

chris49
Posted
Posted

I'm surprised no one has posted about this. Are you guys that blasé about earthquakes and typhoons?attachicon.gifdont-Panic-UNLESS.jpg

We get no news here until 24 hours ex post facto. Our local news does the weather report and we can watch GMA or ABS/CBN at 6 30 for more details. I missed it last night.

Although we have no storm warning and I did 4 hours on the bike this AM, winds are picking up. I'm reading PAG ASA updates, nothing in the area.

I'm blasé unless it comes here directly. I'm looking at possible flight interuptions because my friend and family leave tomorrow night for Sydney.

chris49
Posted
Posted

@ Chris 49, What it like up there my friend?

Not yet clear Jack, will let you know later. These local farmers have built in weather clocks, last 10 days 2nd crop of rice is being planted, and rain would be most welcome right now. Harvesting and drying of the first crop finished also 10-14 days ago.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Yeah, we don't sweat the weather.  You can't change it - so why worry about it.

About an hour ago we finally started getting a good bit of rain.  I went out on the porch to enjoy the cooler air :tiphat: 

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Still hot and humid here in CDO with hardly a breath of wind.

A refreshing breeze and a good spell of rain for the rice would be most welcome now.

Ken

• Like 1

canadamale
Posted
Posted

Raining last night and all of today here in Makati, some wind not too bad. Earlier I was in Quezon City, around the  Green Hills area and the streets where flooded maybe 7 or 8 inches but only in a few lower areas.

• Like 3

Retired in Samar
Posted
Posted

Since the OP asked....

post-2981-0-08772800-1450825633_thumb.jp

• Like 1