Anthony Bourdain Spotted At Jollibee!

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

He's supposed be a chef checking out local cuisine, wtf is he doing in jollyvomit ??

That is the problem... he says he likes Jollibee's ha ha...   :tiphat:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
He's supposed be a chef checking out local cuisine

AHA!  But is he a real human chef, or one of those advertisements that has taken human form to lead us to purchase food items we do not like because an 'expert' is 'educating' us to expand our taste experiences.  (PS:  I just watched Southpark S19, E9 and E10 where they explain the conspiracy of which I speak.  :565:  )

EDIT:  Do you suppose it is a coincidence that a new branch of Jollibee just opened in Tanjay?  It just happens to coincide with this publicity stunt.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

None of you guys seen that Filipina server working there on Tuesday afternoons I guess. Tony and Jake have a nose for that kinda stuff. 

Jake
Posted
Posted

None of you guys seen that Filipina server working there on Tuesday afternoons I guess. Tony and Jake have a nose for that kinda stuff. 

I don't know about Anthony's nose but I start twitching in other places.....he, he.  But I'm sure Anthony have already acquainted himself to all her parts unknown......he, he.   

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Only went to Jollibee one time and never again, the so called burger was bad enough and when ordering asked for fries, sorry sir nil stock, I don't know who this Anthony is but he must have no taste, a cast iron stomach or is getting paid big bucks to eat there.

Macca's is not much better, but I like their Ice cream. The one saving grace here on Mactan is the bevy of beauties that serve you, I did ask the manager if the girls were employed on their looks, there is some seriously good looking crumpet there :santa_trumpet:

Edited by frosty (chris)
  • Like 2

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Well, I'm a fan of Anthony Bourdain and evidently so was the hotel maid a few months back in Cebu, as she stole his book..lol.  They love him here as he really pandered to the populace on his episode here a few years ago  (it's on youtube).  Hoping he has a better host this time and is a little more honest.  Jollibee is a huge part of Pilipino Pride, hence his visit there, and I'm hoping he really gives it to them straight and doesn't sugar-coat it like that awful spaghetti they serve there.  Having said that, there is a recently built Jollibee on our side of town here and I will be taking my daughter there tomorrow for french fries, mango pie, and chocolate sundae.  It's not horrible if your expectations aren't too high     :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
It's not horrible if your expectations aren't too high    

There used to be quite a few expats meeting at Jollibees in Danao, Cebu.  They met for breakfast as the coffee and hotcakes are good and cheap.  That was a few years back so I'm not sure if they still do.  Point is, they obviously agreed with you (as do I).

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I only watched his show for a few minutes, a few times, and my first impression was arrogance.  Correct me if I had a wrong first impression.  It could just be the way it was filmed as I get turned off by reality TV where half the show is filmed with people walking in slow mo, trying to look tough.

However, I would recommend he visit Jollibees near the end of SCTEX in Subic.  They usually have an outstanding line-up.

(of food)

• Like 1