Long Term Stay / Perpetual Tourism

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
$5 cost for acceptable proof of onward ticket (via another website) is the pearl buried in the end of his clam's comment section by Jim England.

I am skeptical but lets look at the details:

http://www.onwardflights.com/#!how-it-works/c1x6h

On their "how it works" page they say: 

You can decide to purchase another ticket when you know for sure which dates you want to travel.

Now if this means the onwardticket people are willing and able to sell a real ticket the I would have faith in their product.  But maybe they mean "you can decide to purchase another ticket" from a real travel agent at some time in the future.

If this company do not actually sell real tickets then you will not actually be on any flight itinerary.  My own personal experience, entering Mactan about 5 years back, was that the Immigration official input my illegitimate itinerary confirmation number into his computer.  It showed that I did not have a confirmed reservation and I was sweating bullets.  Fortunately the reservation was with an airline that is noted for being lax inputting their info into the BI computer so the official let it slide.  I would not like to see any of my fellow forum members in that situation and I would not do it again.  So is onwardticket real?  You have to decide for yourself.  You choose your own actions in this life and you reap your own consequences.  Best of luck to anyone who chooses to try this method.
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

So is onwardticket real?

The operative Word is "Ticket" as in the Law Statement. Now I can't see any Airline issuing a boarding Pass without an onward Ticket given the warnings by the Philippine Immigration Agency of Hefty Fines.

We all talk about Throwaway tickets but has anyone really researched the Difference in cost of a return Ticket against a Single Ticket? the return  dated for up to 11 + months from the outward Journey, You are only talking maybe the throwaway price between the 2, Why would anyone try to Buck a System that is there and in the main will be Upheld.

JMHO

Jack  :)

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

The question is: Has this, or is this being successfully and legally used to meet the present requirements. I have no idea. It may well be just another scam. 

It doesn't apply to my personal situation or life style here.

It may save some people unnecessary expense, ot it may cause an avoidable problem for them.

I hope to hear more about this bureaucratically contrived solution to a bureaucratically designed and caused problem, that the article argues against. 

• Like 2