As The Years End Approaches Its Time Once More For The Anual.....

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Expats what's the weirdest unusual thing you saw or experienced the past year?

post-285-0-16163800-1450234036_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

what's the weirdest unusual thing you saw or experienced the past year?

I'm not sure if this qualifies as the weirdest but it is fresh in my mind:  Dead dogs on the beach.

There is a stretch of beach that I walk along a few times a week and in the past year there have been more dead dogs than I can count.  Shall we say more than 10 and less than 50.

These are dogs who have been put in bags with a rock added and thrown into the ocean to drown, or sometimes just a rope around their necks with a rock at the end of the rope, or sometimes just thrown in alive or dead and abandoned in the water until they die.

I have walked a lot of sections of beach in my time here and this is the one section where all the dead dogs seem to wash up.  I don't know why they wash up there and I don't know why people think their dogs should be thrown into the ocean and I do not know why people are so stupid as to not realize that the tide will wash the dogs ashore.

I wonder who is doing this as I have a rock and a rope for them  :t07051:

• Like 4

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

I have walked a lot of sections of beach in my time here and this is the one section where all the dead dogs seem to wash up.  I don't know why they wash up there and I don't know why people think their dogs should be thrown into the ocean and I do not know why people are so stupid as to not realize that the tide will wash the dogs ashore.

Now THIS is something that would never happen in China!  :lol:

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Not sure if it is the weirdest either but since you mention dogs on the beach... at least this lady liked her dog.

I was at the beach one day and saw a lady digging a hole.  At first I thought she was starting to burn trash, but the hole quickly got too big for that.  Her dog was quietly sleeping next to her.   Yeah... sleeping... at first glance I thought it was sleeping.  She finishes digging the hole and proceeds to cram the dog into it.  The hole was too small, too shallow, and the dog was a bit stiff.  It did go as well as she planned.  Eventually she got the dog buried in an extremely shallow grave on a busy beach - I am waiting to see if the dog makes an appearance soon... I have seen a few small animal skulls on the beach and now I think I know why.

In retrospect I would say it was better than a rock & a string, though.   :tiphat:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
The hole was too small, too shallow

It occurs to me that some of the dogs I see may have been buried in shallow graves at one time.  The tide moves a LOT of sand where I walk and it would be easy to picture something like that happening.  Thanks for the insight.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure if this qualifies as the weirdest but it is fresh in my mind:  Dead dogs on the beach.

There is a stretch of beach that I walk along a few times a week and in the past year there have been more dead dogs than I can count.  Shall we say more than 10 and less than 50.

These are dogs who have been put in bags with a rock added and thrown into the ocean to drown, or sometimes just a rope around their necks with a rock at the end of the rope, or sometimes just thrown in alive or dead and abandoned in the water until they die.

I wonder who is doing this as I have a rock and a rope for them  :t07051:

Did any of the dogs have a tag around their neck with the name 'Lucky' if so, it is mine, I have been looking  for him for weeks!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Wow, this is so sad and kinda ruins beaches for me next time we visit.  

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Wow, this is so sad and kinda ruins beaches for me next time we visit.  

The more stuff I see washed up on the shore, the more I stay away from swimming in the ocean. But its a big ocean and I see at least one foreigner swimming in that area every day.  I wonder if he knows about the dead dogs, jellyfish, and poisonous sea urchins.  Probably not as ignorance is bliss  :cheersty:

• Like 1