Does Dumaguete Have A 'baywalk' Or A 'boardwalk' For Its Waterfront Promenade?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I'm aware of what you speak of, having trod it many a time. Methinks thou hast missed the mark at what I shot my arrow. In the USA, the term 'boardwalk' refers to a historic ocean front walk that was planked with wooden boards. In the 19th cent. many sidewalks were constructed of wood to rise above and avoid the omnipresent horse dung.  

In that case then No! we got a Concrete Boulevard. Wood here, they would just take home to Burn

And cook the horse dung. but at least they would have rice with it two helpings of course

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Who gives a 'rats' what you walk on, so long as you can see the water and enjoy the view.  There is something soothing about walking along the water front and watching the sea.  No matter whether you are on wood or concrete!

Mogo wood is kinder on the knees when crawling home.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
we got a Concrete Boulevard

I took a good look last night and, although the base is concrete, there are paving bricks on top (for appearance maybe?)  So I asked Yvonne if she had ever heard anyone call it a boardwalk or a baywalk and she said some refer to it as a baywalk.  May Philippine cities have a similar walkway but the one in Dumaguete is much more popular than any of the others I have walked on.

• Like 1