Exit Ticket Required With 13A Visa?

intrepid
Posted
Posted
When you go to check in, you present your golden colored ACR-I Card (13A). It will show you as permanant resident (Immigrant).

Steve,

I'm going to the Philippine Embassy in Wash. D.C. Monday 12-28-15 to apply for the 13a.  Should have it within a month they say.

You mentioned the ACR-I card.  I was under the impression I would apply for that at the BI after I arrived in the Philippines.  Or will the ACR-I card be issued with the visa, which would be great?  I still have a lot to learn. Thanks, danny

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

When you go to check in, you present your golden colored ACR-I Card (13A). It will show you as permanant resident (Immigrant).

Steve,

I'm going to the Philippine Embassy in Wash. D.C. Monday 12-28-15 to apply for the 13a.  Should have it within a month they say.

You mentioned the ACR-I card.  I was under the impression I would apply for that at the BI after I arrived in the Philippines.  Or will the ACR-I card be issued with the visa, which would be great?  I still have a lot to learn. Thanks, danny

Sorry, I thought you had already had the card. No the ACR-I card is issued in country. Technically, you don't have the 13A until you get to BI with the special packet you got from the embassy. Once you finally get it and have the card, you will never need a throw away again.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)

Steve,

Sorry, I thought you had already had the card. No the ACR-I card is issued in country. Technically, you don't have the 13A until you get to BI with the special packet you got from the embassy. Once you finally get it and have the card, you will never need a throw away again.

So, what you are saying is with this packet I will get from the Embassy I will still need an onward ticket for my first trip because I will not get the visa either?   I thought they will stamp my passport with the visa 13a.  Maybe I should get a refundable ticket for this first time.  If I do decide to get an onward ticket, I would not present that until challenged. 

Edited by intrepid

virginprune
Posted
Posted

You will only get challenged about an onward ticket at you airport of departure.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Steve,

So, what you are saying is with this packet I will get from the Embassy I will still need an onward ticket for my first trip because I will not get the visa either?   I thought they will stamp my passport with the visa 13a.  Maybe I should get a refundable ticket for this first time.  If I do decide to get an onward ticket, I would not present that until challenged. 

Sorry again. I got my 13A in country which is a different procedure than yours. I don't know if they stamp your passport at the embassy or not. I got mine in Cebu BI. Prob 1st year, perm afterwards.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

So, what you are saying is with this packet I will get from the Embassy I will still need an onward ticket for my first trip because I will not get the visa either? I thought they will stamp my passport with the visa 13a. Maybe I should get a refundable ticket for this first time.

When I threw in my 2 cents I didn't realize you haven't even applied for the visa yet. That changes things. Since the ACR is only issued in the Philippines you won't have that to show the airline. The 13a stamps in my passport are not clear what they are and I have no idea what the Embassy will give you since I did mine at the BI here. I suspect you'll get a visa insert in your passport good for a certain time but I don't want to speculate. Since you're going to the embassy I would talk to them about it. Unless you have a physical official document from the Philippine government stating you are a Permanent Resident- Status: Immigrant, the airline will require the onward ticket to protect themselves.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I would buy the cheap onward ticket if I was unsure.

I would also look into traveling on Philippine Airlines as they are the carrier most familiar with the BI regulations.  Just as a thought, call them and ask if they would require it.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Just got off the phone with EVA Air.  This time I told them I will have a US passport and a Permanent Resident Visa for the Philippines.  Now when I asked, I was told no onward ticket will be required.  She further told me when I check in and present the one way ticket they will ask for other documentation.  This is when I should present the PR Visa or what ever documents the Philippines Embassy issues after my application is approved. 

Now I just hope I have everything in order for the application on Monday!

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Just got off the phone with EVA Air.  This time I told them I will have a US passport and a Permanent Resident Visa for the Philippines.  Now when I asked, I was told no onward ticket will be required.  She further told me when I check in and present the one way ticket they will ask for other documentation.  This is when I should present the PR Visa or what ever documents the Philippines Embassy issues after my application is approved. 

Now I just hope I have everything in order for the application on Monday!

Much better.  Congrats for not giving in and just buying the disposable ticket for $25 bucks or so.   :morning1:

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)

Although I feel confident in the information I received here and with EVA Air now that I have asked the correct question, I was not going to purchase an onward/exit ticket.  Again, now after today I’m not sure.
Interestingly, I was at the Philippine Embassy Washington DC at the Consular Office today, (see related post), applying for my visa.  I thought I’d ask about the visa and also if I would need an onward/exit ticket.  I was told I would receive a sticker in my passport and a sealed packet with instructions to report to BI asap with they year.  This is when I’ll receive the actual visa.  He also suggested it may be a good idea for the onward ticket, but was not sure.

On a side note, while waiting a long time for our number to be called at the Consular's Office, my wife needed a paper towel.  So I went to the restroom to get some for her.  Silly me, what was I thinking?  This was the Philippine Embassy!  :hystery:  Of course there was no paper towels.  Not even a paper towel holder in the room.  And of course no toilet paper or holder.  I laughed to myself and took a picture.  Now I do have to give credit for a split seat on the bowl and an almost empty hand soap bottle on the sink.  I suppose you would use your pants or shirt to dry!

Added:  Almost forgot;  I knew my parking meter was about to run out just before we were called but did not dare leave and miss my place in line.  So after the short interview and my girls waiting for their passport photos and bio to be taken, I went to pay the meter and found $100. fine for parking on main throughway after 4pm!  Just another reason I don't like going into the cities.  I talked with a police officer on the next corner and explained my parking problem and he helped me park in an unrestricted space with no meter!  Wish I saw him in the morning when we arrived.

Well, save here, spend there. 

Edited by intrepid