Bank Transfer Uk To Phils

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Hi all...need some advice from those who have experience of transferring money from UK bank to Phils bank.

I'm going to be transferring quite a large sum from the UK (Sterling) in the near future. I'm thinking a bank transfer is the best option - to be honest, I have no experience of any other option such as money transfer through remittance and don't see how I could.

Thing is, I bank with BPI and I've checked exchange rates on the internet and, compared to such as BDO and PNB the rate is around 2.5 pesos lower - this will become significant due to the relatively large sum involved.

Am I missing something, or does BPI generally have a poorer rate?

Any help, advice, info. is much appreciated. Cheers!

There's-a-chance.
Posted
Posted

Hello hk blues,

Have a look at this company, 'they knock the socks' off of UK High St Banks when it comes to transferring money abroad.I use them myself and they always give a good rate of exchange coupled with reasonable charges.

https://transferwise.com/

• Like 1

ironmaiden
Posted
Posted

Why don't you open a sterling account in your BPI branch. Then you can still decide later on if you will have it exchanged at money changers or any other bank with a more favorable rate. I always send euros to my euro account at Metrobank and when I need cash, I have some exchanged at the bank at a good rate :  only 25 centavos less then the current rate at the stockmarket.

• Like 1