Tired Of Manila/cebu Taxi's? Try Uber, Now Fully Legal In Philippines

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Oh I thought with Uber you paid by C/C not to the Diver or am I not Understanding?

I can only tell you what the hotel told me and what I actually did.  Perhaps I misunderstood and it was not Uber that they called.

They called a hotel car for you as drivers do not handle money.

Right now Uber and Grab Taxi is suspended waiting the out come through the courts of a complaint filed by the Transport Group in Manila ..... the group claims that Uber and Grab are foreign owned and should not be allowed to operate here in the Philippines ..... Uber and Grab filed a TRO but as far as I know it didn't work ...... just more of the crab mentality showing through .... :unsure: :merrychristmas:

I read the suspension is only on issuing new licences, The drivers are still allowed to work according to the paper I read.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I see they do have the option of callecting cash payents in Manila and that is where I was.  Looks like the desk clerk spoke the truth after all.  This article came out at the same time I was in Manila so maybe I was one of the test cases :)

http://www.philstar.com/business/2015/11/04/1518274/head-head-rival-uber-enables-cash-payments

MANILA, Philippines — Ride-sharing service Uber in the Philippines on Tuesday rolled out a cash payment scheme, giving users an option to to book a ride without using credit cards.

Uber's move, similar to the payment system long used by rival platform GrabCar, made the Philippines the fifth country globally and second in Southeast Asia where cash payments have been enabled for its riders.

Laurence Cua, Uber Philippines general manager, said riders in Metro Manila find it "really important" to have the option of paying with cash.

• 8 months later...
DonJuanMatus
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know if you can get an Uber after arriving at the Manila airport to pick you up?

Gator
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, DonJuanMatus said:

Does anyone know if you can get an Uber after arriving at the Manila airport to pick you up?

Yes, you can. Uber is all I'll use now unless I'm being met by a driver I pre-arranged from a private car service (for longer trips direct from the airport like to subic).

Just be sure to confirm your exact meeting point as well as the terminal you're at. 

• Like 1