Not So Much A Scam As A Happening ( Electric Pilfering!)

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Our last bill was 50% higher than the previous but so was the kwhs consumed. I don't know why. Others also had higher bills but they don't understand kwh nor how much more than previous. In today's Sun, Ceneco said the rate will be less next month and that many had complained. Mine can't be tapped as the meter is connected to a metal pipe that goes into our concrete wall. We had a few blackouts and people say that when the power comes back on, the meter jumps ahead some.

3 months ago, 3 men and a lady moved next door and asked if they could tap in to our line until tomorrow when they were to be hooked up. The answer was no and as of today, they still do not have a hook up so tomorrow would have never came.

I have heard of many tap ins and shared lines that turn out bad. Also many fires that burn 40 to 50 houses due to electrical. Even squatters use more now than before with all their chargers.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well as I would expect, we have the technicians giving all the right reason's as to why it shouldn't work but as I said I witnessed the event and can only tell you its is done and it is done Live, No! I will not tell anyone what the procedure was as I am adamant that it is wrong to do so, suffice to say that peoples lives are at risk but that is up to them. So for me that part is over. I just wanted to give a heads up to those who's Bills are not what they think they should be and a possible reason that contained a Strong Possibility that they may be paying for someone else's  Electricity.

Now I am about to get a Cup of Coffee and find my Accountants Hat to answer an issue I think that may bug many.

The Sub Meter scam? ( and it's Possible legal Implications)

Many of us have had a Apartment or house that has had a Sub meter for Electric/ Water, Some may even be the Landlord, Controlling these things but Did anyone realize that upping the price of Electric or water to a tenant is in fact Illegal. It happens I know and in a confined area of our minds we say OH! I can earn here OK, maybe for 1 or 2 even 3 SB's but multiply this across these Islands or any Country in the world, while one is Earning Someone is Losing.

When you get the main bill it is divided by kwh usage to get the Overall price to the account. Now for ease. of this lets say the cost to the Account Holder is 10 peso per kwh Fine you just charge your tenants 10 but no we and I will include me (Although I don''t have SB's)  it is easier for what I will say 

In that 10 peso is and Element of VAT and other amounts owed to the company for Services and any other Government excise applicable at the time.

So we charge the Tenant 11 or 12 ( I have seen it at 15) per kwh) now this is where things get iffy, what we are now doing is defrauding the VAT and all others of the amount we are Collecting on that additional amount and of Course, it is the view of them that we should reimburse that amount to them.

This is OK as I say maybe for us, we earn a few peso but put this to say 1 million SB"s and we can see a different Story Yes?  Many people will complain that when they are talking over a beer and live only a few houses apart one will say What! mine is only 10 the other will say no mate it is 11 or 12

So now we can see why Landlords sometimes get a raw  Title. "Cheating Get" 

So the Electric Companies & and Water (although there is not the same sort of money involved) are being Urged by the Authorities to tighten up on this to ensure that the Correct amount of Revenues are being obtained. This is not just the PI but all over.

Now please Think about this for a while, We all moan about Corruption, but we are just as Guilty. We overcharge our tenants and keep the element of VAT and other charges that should go to whoever So isn't that some sort of Corruption? 

Yes it may sound Petty but when applies to who knows how many SB's the Amount can be very Substantial.

OK so some will say but wait, the VAT was already Charged so why should they have more? Yes it was charged on the 5.000 bill account but we got 5.500 to pay it with, so believe me, the 500 extra peso should also be excizable 

Accountancy is a Nightmare  but when you look at a simple sum and expand it we can see that where the Little man makes a few extra peso those in charge loose a lot and they don't like it.

Thank you for Reading I hope it is understood?

Next maybe, I will tell you How Negros may go about Solving this (That's if they ever get to sorting out this region thing) { are we Still R7 or in this New R18}

Jack :thumbsup:

Morning All. :morning1:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
jpbago
Posted
Posted

Our last bill was 50% higher than the previous but so was the kwhs consumed. I don't know why. Others also had higher bills but they don't understand kwh nor how much more than previous. In today's Sun, Ceneco said the rate will be less next month and that many had complained. Mine can't be tapped as the meter is connected to a metal pipe that goes into our concrete wall. We had a few blackouts and people say that when the power comes back on, the meter jumps ahead some.

3 months ago, 3 men and a lady moved next door and asked if they could tap in to our line until tomorrow when they were to be hooked up. The answer was no and as of today, they still do not have a hook up so tomorrow would have never came.

I have heard of many tap ins and shared lines that turn out bad. Also many fires that burn 40 to 50 houses due to electrical. Even squatters use more now than before with all their chargers.

Surprise. Surprise. Surprise.

I just got our electric bill (11/29 to 12/29) with Xmas lights. 84 kwh for 882p The previous bill (10/29 to 11/29) with no Xmas lights was 314 kwh for 3076p.

Some things just cannot be understood nor explained.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I think the most intriguing part of this OP, is how do they do it without getting fried?
Well. I suppouse much harder to make a HIDDEN solution, but make a NOT hidden is rather easy done with ISSOLATED TOOLS. And connect it is rather easy too if having ISSOLATED contacts which lock themselves  (Compare common contacts at start cables for cars.)
amount of current that could kill an adult
Yes. Extra low if having heart problem.

A healthy person risk to die  if the electric go THROUGH the body, but only HURT* if it just go thtough e g a hand.  (That's why it's extra important to have safe electricity in kitchens, bathrooms, other places with pipes, because water itself lead electricity too enough to kill.)

*I know because I tried to repair electric in the DARK once as a teenager  :lol:  (because it was the lamp, which was broken and no light available until it was repaired.)  I disconnected wrong cable before I started repairing, not seeing which was corect.

It just feel as geting a rather hard hit by a fist at an arm muscle. Make the muscle partly paralyced and hurting for a while afterwards. 

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Surprise. Surprise. Surprise.

I just got our electric bill (11/29 to 12/29) with Xmas lights. 84 kwh for 882p The previous bill (10/29 to 11/29) with no Xmas lights was 314 kwh for 3076p.

Some things just cannot be understood nor explained.

Sometimes they don't actually read the meter. They will do an est reading which was probably the 314 then when an actual reading was done, the over estimation reveals itself. Just a guess.....

jpbago
Posted
Posted
Sometimes they don't actually read the meter. They will do an est reading which was probably the 314 then when an actual reading was done, the over estimation reveals itself. Just a guess.....

Here, they have to read the meter every month as they come with this hand held device. They input the meter reading and your account, then the device calculates and prints out the bill on the spot. The ink in the middle of the bill disappears in 30 days except for the kwh and the total cost.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
robert k
Posted
Posted

Someone who demands a cut of money someone else stole is usually called an accessory after the fact, the Mafia or the government. :lol:

• Like 2