Where Is The Sm In Dumaguete?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

For years I have heard that SM is going to build a mall in Dumaguete.  For years I have not seen it happen but all the gossip on 'other forums' talk about it.  So I will give some information for your consideration and you folks can be the judge.

I predict that the SM store will not be a mall but a Hypermart.  I predict it will not open in Dumaguete but in Sibulan.  I predict it will open early in the New Year.  I predict it will be directly across from the new hospital they are starting to build in Sibulan, on the National Highway.  I believe the building is already 80% complete and they had plans to get it open by this Christmas.  I believe they got delayed but are still close to being done.

I predict all these things because I walk by the construction site every day and look at the sign that says something like: erected by SM Makro division and then I look at Makro stores in Google and see that, yep, thats what it looks like.

Makro stores formerly existed in the United States (bought by Kmart in 1989 and converted into Pace Warehouses the following year), China, Indonesia (both bought by Lotte Mart and converted into such stores), Malaysia (bought by Tesco) and the Philippines (bought by SM Prime Holdings and converted into SM Hypermarket (14 Makro branches)

If I am right, remember you heard it here first.   :santa_trumpet:

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

As I understand Dave 3 Dragons Corp has many interests as well as owning City mall. City mall is currently constructing Bacolod, San Carlos and Dumaguete. Probably in heaps of other areas also as very fast expanding.

SM owns around 30% of 3 dragons, no doubt the flag ship store in City Malls will be a Save More or a Hypermarket or some thing related to SM.

Passing City Mall this am it looks a long way from finishing, most expanding item here in Dumaguete is the traffic unfortunately.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Macro everywhere in Thailand. Purport to be wholesale here, but really little difference in most items as Tesco etc.