I Was A Stupid Driver Today

RBM
Posted
Posted

On this one totally agree Dave.

The number of of people riding with infants in Dumaguete, and riding recklessly never fails to astound. Yes it's every where how Dumaguete takes the cake. This am we were following a girl on a scooter whom continually went through intersections without looking, including Real St. How lucky can one be......she never even noticed the near misses.

God only know what one must do here to obtain a license, suspect just pay. It's in my opinion one of the worst smaller cities here to ride or drive in.

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted (edited)
God only know what one must do here to obtain a license

Must be Dutch driving lessons.

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/24110-dutch-driving-lessons/

Edited by jpbago
  • Like 4

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Well to drive a motorcycle I think all you have to do is prove you can reach the pedals (and possibly spell your name, or that of the person you're impersonating).

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

AAArggh!  Another Stupid driver  Driving home with my Christmas shopping and this large D Max Pickup was well in front of me.  (Fascinating how so many, many filipinos have these kinds of expensive pickups)

So the D Max pulls to the right, drops off a buddy, and immediately does a half U turn until the nose of the pick up is on the center line.  THEN he stops and looks.  By the time he stopped to look I had already stopped and there was at least 2 motorcycle lengths between me and him so again, no harm done.  Just another idiot on the road.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

On this one totally agree Dave.

The number of of people riding with infants in Dumaguete, and riding recklessly never fails to astound. Yes it's every where how Dumaguete takes the cake. This am we were following a girl on a scooter whom continually went through intersections without looking, including Real St. How lucky can one be......she never even noticed the near misses.

God only know what one must do here to obtain a license, suspect just pay. It's in my opinion one of the worst smaller cities here to ride or drive in.

Yes Rb it is just money and I have seen this first hand

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Another day at the office Dave.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

As said I consider Dumaguete on its own. Maybe the volume of motor cycles has something to do with it, not sure. But, am sure more idiot drivers per capita than any other city I have been in in this country.

Also what amazes me is so many foreigners riding with their kids without helmets, it's ok if rider wants to kill himself, he can make this decision, not so the kid or kids... What on earth goes on in their head...perhaps trying to be a local....

virginprune
Posted
Posted (edited)

As said I consider Dumaguete on its own. Maybe the volume of motor cycles has something to do with it, not sure. But, am sure more idiot drivers per capita than any other city I have been in in this country.

Not been to Dumaguete but I suggest you try Marbel for similar experiences!

One thing I will add, even though the levels of unawareness around road safety and the me first attitude, there does not appear to be the constant storm of road rage I have experienced in the uk. That must be the live and let live attitude I have found here.

Edited by virginprune
  • Like 2