Solar Panels - Need Suggestions,advice And Any Infos Related To Sp

Arild Sandberg
Posted
Posted

Iẃ been thinking about solar as well but our house is in Bicol and what worries me is as said before how they would stand up to a typhoon my guess they wont as we do have heavy typhoons hitting our place quite often even forcing us to build a wawe breaker in 2000 after heaviest typhoon ever hit our home! :1 (103):

We dident have much of damages thanks to a strong house but Iẃ seen as I guess most of the people here what they can do just plain evil damage!!!!!!

• Like 1

florin1106
Posted
Posted

Iẃ been thinking about solar as well but our house is in Bicol and what worries me is as said before how they would stand up to a typhoon my guess they wont as we do have heavy typhoons hitting our place quite often even forcing us to build a wawe breaker in 2000 after heaviest typhoon ever hit our home! :1 (103):

We dident have much of damages thanks to a strong house but Iẃ seen as I guess most of the people here what they can do just plain evil damage!!!!!!

Hii Arild..

I am not an expert on this but I think if you do some Welding on those Brackets to those posts that sustain the Solar Panels ...me think it will hold when a Typhoon comes..

I did not ever experience a Typhoon here in Bohol but if this thing is strong and makes your entire roof fly then of course the Panels will fly too!

The Frames of these Solar Panels are made mostly from a hard Aluminium. I looked at them at CDR King and also have watch many  youtube videos with step by step installation, etc..Many people just drill 3 holes on each side of the frame and use good solid screws to tie them to the brackets..They hold very nice with no worries..

Again all of the above is good unless a nasty 300 km/hour monster typhoon comes by !

Arild if you have a bigger Lot then do all the installation on the ground ( no trees or buildings around !!) and secure everything to the ground with serious metal post embedded in concrete etc..

The third solution ...just Move out from Bihol to Bohol ! he, he ...... just kidding !

Have a good one swenska

Chuck

• Like 1

Arild Sandberg
Posted
Posted

Hii Arild..

I am not an expert on this but I think if you do some Welding on those Brackets to those posts that sustain the Solar Panels ...me think it will hold when a Typhoon comes..

I did not ever experience a Typhoon here in Bohol but if this thing is strong and makes your entire roof fly then of course the Panels will fly too!

The Frames of these Solar Panels are made mostly from a hard Aluminium. I looked at them at CDR King and also have watch many  youtube videos with step by step installation, etc..Many people just drill 3 holes on each side of the frame and use good solid screws to tie them to the brackets..They hold very nice with no worries..

Again all of the above is good unless a nasty 300 km/hour monster typhoon comes by !

Arild if you have a bigger Lot then do all the installation on the ground ( no trees or buildings around !!) and secure everything to the ground with serious metal post embedded in concrete etc..

The third solution ...just Move out from Bihol to Bohol ! he, he ...... just kidding !

Have a good one swenska

Chuck

I was working as a welder in my yanger days so and Iẃ seen what this heawy typhoons could do to a brige in Naga city 15 years ago thats why I say it wont hold to the heawy +300 km/hour typhoons trust me on this!!

florin1106
Posted
Posted

Hii Arild..

Have a good one swenska

Chuck

I was working as a welder in my yanger days so and Iẃ seen what this heawy typhoons could do to a brige in Naga city 15 years ago thats why I say it wont hold to the heawy +300 km/hour typhoons trust me on this!!

Arild..

I do believe what you say 100 per cent..I do not doubt that a 300 / hour Typhoon can damage almost everything..

Well Arild this kind of calamities will not happen every week or every month..This is IMO quite rare...I think most of Typhoons are less powerful than 300 an hour wind, once they reach land, many will dissipate in strength, or will not reach your part of the world..

I know Solar Power is expensive as start up costs but it is necessary in my opinion..

Here for example in Panglao where I live the Electricity is very expensive bet. 12 and 13 pesos per KL Watt. This is a touristic area, I have some neighbors that pay bet. 5,000 and 6,000 pesos per month electricity just because they have 2 air cons in their house etc. 

Me and my wife only, one Fridge, 2 Fans, 2 Laptops, 2 TV's and 2 air cons using them say 2 - 2.5 hours each day we pay bet. 3,500 and 4,000 electricity bill. Don't like that. I hate it.

How much is your electricity bill per month in Bicol?

As I said, if worst come to worst just take your lady and move to Bohol..There is a construction boom here, Real Estate prices start going up considerably, tens and tens of Resorts, more foreigners than locals on this Island, everywhere you turn somebody is building something., they started to work at this new Airport..etc,etc !!!

You take care Arild..

Chuck

Arild Sandberg
Posted
Posted

Hello Chuck

Our electricity bill is as yours 3500 to 4000 but then we hardly use any of our air cons and only 1 tv is used and 1 fridge as well as one deep freezer. Building boom yes as every were people has been building hotels to accommodate guests that has been coming for island hopping in the area last 6-8 years, this also got the meet and fish prices to sky rocket but that can be kept down by having own hogs and chickens luckily.

Personally I think would be oki to put up solar enough for the fridge and freezer it would't be that expensive if a typhoon would blow it away! Will see how I do when itś time and by then the solar cells will be better and cheaper than now! :thumbsup:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

i don't know why all the fuss over electric charges...   my landlord pays a "lifeline" fee that covers the cost of transmission, meter upkeep and all...   i just pay for the electricity i use...   2 months ago?  P12...  this month?  P9...  what's so hard about that?

:mocking:  :hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:  :dance:

florin1106
Posted
Posted

i don't know why all the fuss over electric charges...   my landlord pays a "lifeline" fee that covers the cost of transmission, meter upkeep and all...   i just pay for the electricity i use...   2 months ago?  P12...  this month?  P9...  what's so hard about that?

:mocking:  :hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:  :dance:

Hi Bob..

It looks like you are a renter and some of the electricity is paid by your landlord right ?

You said P12 you mean 12 pesos per KL Watt? Is this what you pay? Well it also depends how much you use and how many appliances you have..What's your total bill if you don't mind?

I still believe , in my case, that paying bet. 3,500 and 4,000 pesos per month for 2 people using the air con only 2 max. 3 hours per day is very much...!

Electricity in Phils. is quite expensive overall comparing to the rate of salaries in this country..

I think you already know that

In Vancouver, Canada in the past 34 years my electric bill was no more than $20.00 Canadian Dollars.. Yes no Air Con but all ranges and the rest were electric driven..

I feel that Solar Panels would be very beneficial to me..

Take care

Chuck

florin1106
Posted
Posted

Hello Chuck

Our electricity bill is as yours 3500 to 4000 but then we hardly use any of our air cons and only 1 tv is used and 1 fridge as well as one deep freezer. Building boom yes as every were people has been building hotels to accommodate guests that has been coming for island hopping in the area last 6-8 years, this also got the meet and fish prices to sky rocket but that can be kept down by having own hogs and chickens luckily.

Personally I think would be oki to put up solar enough for the fridge and freezer it would't be that expensive if a typhoon would blow it away! Will see how I do when itś time and by then the solar cells will be better and cheaper than now! :thumbsup:

Hello Arild..

If your bill is the same as mine it means you are paying also a lots of money!

1 TV , 1 Fridge,1 Freezer and 1 Air Con is quite much..

How long you have your AC running ? How many hours per day/night ? Maybe you have it running 24 of 7 ?

If you have hogs and chickens that is sooo nice! wow ! 

You have fresh eggs and good bacon from time to time right ?

I cannot have same as my lot is small only 250 meters... 

About Solar Cells yes I will keep gather the hardware..Will start installing later this year or next year..

I just bought some 8000 pesos worth of Solar Cells from E-Bay.. I'm buying slowly the stuff I need..

Did you buy some panels as of yet?

Do you intend to try later?

Take care

Chuck

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

i don't know why all the fuss over electric charges... my landlord pays a "lifeline" fee that covers the cost of transmission, meter upkeep and all... i just pay for the electricity i use... 2 months ago? P12... this month? P9... what's so hard about that?

:mocking: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :dance:

Hi Bob..

It looks like you are a renter and some of the electricity is paid by your landlord right ?

You said P12 you mean 12 pesos per KL Watt? Is this what you pay? Well it also depends how much you use and how many appliances you have..What's your total bill if you don't mind?

I still believe , in my case, that paying bet. 3,500 and 4,000 pesos per month for 2 people using the air con only 2 max. 3 hours per day is very much...!

Electricity in Phils. is quite expensive overall comparing to the rate of salaries in this country..

I think you already know that

In Vancouver, Canada in the past 34 years my electric bill was no more than $20.00 Canadian Dollars.. Yes no Air Con but all ranges and the rest were electric driven..

I feel that Solar Panels would be very beneficial to me..

Take care

Chuck

That's just it... The landlord pays the administration and all... I pay for just the electrivity I use...

Those were my total bills for the month... 12 and 9 pesos! I'm only charging 2 cell phones and 2 laptops, a fan and an electric hot plate... All lights are LED.. Fridge if coming start of the month and I haven't picked up an aircon yet as I don't need it just now...

Edited by i am bob
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Now please Dave , when your friend is starting to build his system or he has already the system up and running maybe you can arrange I'll to pay him a visit if he agrees..of course..

He is now at the stage where the framework has been installed on the roof to have the solar panels put in place.  He says there is a 10% loss in efficiency by doing it this way as opposed to having the panels freestanding and aimed more directly at the sun, but it will look so much nicer this way.  Here is a pic showing the framework.

post-41-0-36035300-1453297646_thumb.png

• Like 3