Solar Panels - Need Suggestions,advice And Any Infos Related To Sp

GregZ
Posted
Posted

You might check Cebu Solar on Facebook and at www.cebusolar.com

I'm not as adventurous as some in this area, so this company looks like a reasonable priced installer for those of us looking for someone else to do the work. 1kw system for 130,000 PHP. Plus installation I suppose. And that is a direct feed system to the power company, so no batteries, etc.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

florin1106
Posted
Posted

i don't know why all the fuss over electric charges... my landlord pays a "lifeline" fee that covers the cost of transmission, meter upkeep and all... i just pay for the electricity i use... 2 months ago? P12... this month? P9... what's so hard about that?

:mocking: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :dance:

Hi Bob..

It looks like you are a renter and some of the electricity is paid by your landlord right ?

You said P12 you mean 12 pesos per KL Watt? Is this what you pay? Well it also depends how much you use and how many appliances you have..What's your total bill if you don't mind?

I still believe , in my case, that paying bet. 3,500 and 4,000 pesos per month for 2 people using the air con only 2 max. 3 hours per day is very much...!

Electricity in Phils. is quite expensive overall comparing to the rate of salaries in this country..

I think you already know that

In Vancouver, Canada in the past 34 years my electric bill was no more than $20.00 Canadian Dollars.. Yes no Air Con but all ranges and the rest were electric driven..

I feel that Solar Panels would be very beneficial to me..

Take care

Chuck

That's just it... The landlord pays the administration and all... I pay for just the electrivity I use...

Those were my total bills for the month... 12 and 9 pesos! I'm only charging 2 cell phones and 2 laptops, a fan and an electric hot plate... All lights are LED.. Fridge if coming start of the month and I haven't picked up an aircon yet as I don't need it just now...

Hei Bob..

You are The man! You pay so little you are a lucky renter Bob. 2 cell phones and 2 laptops are taking in so little juice..Good idea about LED lights..It saves quite a bunch..The Fridge and the Air Con are the main culprits when it comes to electricity..

I was also a renter in Tagbilaran ( 1 TV , 1 Air Con, 1 Fridge and 4 fluorescent lights)  but I was paying way higher than you bet. 1500 and 1,800 per month..! The landlord would give me the entire bill, I read the total and gave him the Cash!

You have a good landlord..

Take care

Chuck

florin1106
Posted
Posted

Now please Dave , when your friend is starting to build his system or he has already the system up and running maybe you can arrange I'll to pay him a visit if he agrees..of course..

He is now at the stage where the framework has been installed on the roof to have the solar panels put in place.  He says there is a 10% loss in efficiency by doing it this way as opposed to having the panels freestanding and aimed more directly at the sun, but it will look so much nicer this way.  Here is a pic showing the framework.

attachicon.gifSolar Framework.png

Very nice indeed..

I intend to do absolutely the same..He has done IMO so far a very good job..

Nice big house..

Those angle bars I guess are all welded..Need to find a courageous welder to climb out of there..!!

Good job Dave...thanks for the photo..

Take care

Chuck

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I'm not as adventurous as some in this area, so this company looks like a reasonable priced installer for those of us looking for someone else to do the work. 1kw system for 130,000 PHP. Plus installation I suppose. And that is a direct feed system to the power company, so no batteries, etc.

We have 2 or 3 solar outfits here in Subic.  I would be curious to see what a system would cost.

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted

We have 2 or 3 solar outfits here in Subic. I would be curious to see what a system would cost.

Can you get a quote? I would like to know. I suspect the Cebu guy will beat the price there easily. He lives in the province, North Cebu Island and looks to do all the work himself.

He travels and brings everything to do the install. Says he will go anywhere, within reason. One of his posts said if you can't get me by telephone call my wife.

I have emailed him for a quote on a 2kw system connected to the grid to feed power to Veco (Cebu electric utility) then use grid power when needed. Hope that is enough to get a number or we may have more conversation.

????????

florin1106
Posted
Posted (edited)

We have 2 or 3 solar outfits here in Subic.  I would be curious to see what a system would cost.

Thanks for the link..

I checked and It looks a bit expensive..I will call them and get more infos  but 130,000 pesos for only 1 KW is too high in my opinion..

I personally need at least 3 kw or ideal would be 3.5. For the 3 kw only this company charge about 449,350 pesos with 4 deep cycle batteries that they provide as far as I understand..Only 10 meters wire the excess is extra !

Plus VAT..!This is the Grid-tie system..The other way they provide a sort of lease ( no batteries as you are tied to the Power Provider)

Look how they explain how it works which by the way to me looks very complicated and not efficient to what I want..

I will quote

<< Customer  shall purchase a 4 to 5 year “BLOCK” of energy in advance, Depending on the type of system After the 4 to 5 year block of energy is consumed, customer is required to pay a yearly  amount, (quarterly upon approval by CSI ) which will be equivalent to 80% of their current monthly billing, after a period of 8.4 to 10.5 years, CSI will reduce the rate to 60% of their current billing , after 12 to 15 years of successful payments, CSI will turn over said solar system to the property owners.>>

Where is the beef? Where are the savings..? Plus our local Electricity Supplier here in Panglao Island named BOHECO will NOT ( I did ask already!) provide Any tie, incentives, credit or anything like this..They laughed at me when ask!

I have made lots and lots of calculations..All system ( DIY of course with an Electrician helping me ) will cost me no more than 300,000 pesos or less ! Guaranteed !

I will post here all expenses from A to Z...

Take care

Chuck

Edited by florin1106
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Can you get a quote?

I can't promise anything soon.  I don't even own the house yet.  I guess I could ask for a generic system quote.

GregZ
Posted
Posted

Yes florin, the lease thing is not the way to go. (It is detailed on Cebu Solar's site) Great deal for them.

You also have to insure their equipment from damage. I didn't mention it because it is NOT really cost effective.

OnMyWay... No worries. I just asked for a generic quote for possible installation next year, if ever. LOL

We ARE living in the house BUT it isn't built yet. ???? One and a half floors done; two and a half to go. Only one person working right now.

florin1106
Posted
Posted

Yes florin, the lease thing is not the way to go. (It is detailed on Cebu Solar's site) Great deal for them.

You also have to insure their equipment from damage. I didn't mention it because it is NOT really cost effective.

OnMyWay... No worries. I just asked for a generic quote for possible installation next year, if ever. LOL

We ARE living in the house BUT it isn't built yet. One and a half floors done; two and a half to go. Only one person working right now.

Just to add one more note related to this cebusolar website...

I looked again and the system that would be suitable for me here their price is 495,000 pesos excluding VAT ..

That is half a million pesos which is not small change..Very expensive !

Another example..their price for ONE Battery Deep Cycle is more than 14,000 pesos...The same battery in CD r King is 5,600 pesos ..Less than half.

I will pass it..

3 floors house when ready, you will need a good big system there. At least 2-3000 watts or even more..

Good luck with the construction..One man crew? Hmmm ... Where are the rest ? Runaway?

Take care

Chuck

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I don't know, I just don't know. If what I am reading is correct;

I looked again and the system that would be suitable for me here their price is 495,000 pesos

Using my highest monthly electrical bill of 6,000 pesos a month as an average, it would take approximately 7 years for a solar system to pay for itself. The only advantage I can see is having an uninterrupted power supply in case of a brown out. Especially if the local power system will not allow you to sell back excess (if I read the above correctly.) 

A lot can happen in 6-7 years, a person might get tired of the area and wish to move etc. etc. etc. (or the big one)

I know that in the states, having a solar system adds value to the resale value of the home. I just don't see that here, unless you are in an upscale subdivision where folks have the money to buy a big, modern type home. Folks just want to pay the areas average square meter price.

So unless a guy's long range plan is to set up a "family" home for his wife and children to live in for generations after he is gone I just don't know if it is cost effective in the long run.

I sincerely hope I am missing something, because I am more than ready to have my mind changed. :cheersty: