Things That Make You Go Hmmmm

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

OK. So, one of the local service providers has a prepaid plan that gives you unlimited talk & text for 30 days for P600. All you do is load P600 on the phone and then text a code to a specific number and wala you have unlimited talk & text for 30 days.

Sooo, I go to the local sari-sari and give the gal P600 and ask for the load. After trying and failing 3 times to pass me the load, the gal looks in her book, hands me back the P600 and then informs me "I'm sorry sir. I cannot give you P600 load. I can only give you P500 or P100. Which do you want?"

Wellll, being the kind, diplomatic expat that I am. I handed her P500 and politely asked for that load. Success! I then handed her the P100 and asked for that. Success again! I then told her "Thank you. I now have P600 load."

She just looked at me and gave me that "Stupid, crazy Kano" look and I went on my merry way.

Eez more pun!!!

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Oh well, it worked.

chris49
Posted
Posted

OK. So, one of the local service providers has a prepaid plan that gives you unlimited talk & text for 30 days for P600. All you do is load P600 on the phone and then text a code to a specific number and wala you have unlimited talk & text for 30 days.

Sooo, I go to the local sari-sari and give the gal P600 and ask for the load. After trying and failing 3 times to pass me the load, the gal looks in her book, hands me back the P600 and then informs me "I'm sorry sir. I cannot give you P600 load. I can only give you P500 or P100. Which do you want?"

Wellll, being the kind, diplomatic expat that I am. I handed her P500 and politely asked for that load. Success! I then handed her the P100 and asked for that. Success again! I then told her "Thank you. I now have P600 load."

She just looked at me and gave me that "Stupid, crazy Kano" look and I went on my merry way.

Eez more pun!!!

Ron, she is correct.

She's Globe Agent or Sub Agent. If you saw her phone you would see the options....20-30-60-100-300-500. Those are the denominations she is allowed to send.  I will sometimes buy 100 to load my Tattoo for 2 days, but since you need a balance of 1 peso to use the service I buy 100, then 20.

You are lucky she had enough load to send you 600, since they buy the load many don't keep a high balance.

I buy Globe 500 Pre Paid Cards, available only in town. 10 Pesos discount so 490 plus 85 free text messages. Saves me quite a bit over a month, 2 Cards a month I buy, again to load my Tattoo.

• Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

I use sun Talk and Txt 200 pesos pre paid cards and any unused txt carries over provide you top up with another 200 pesos before the exp date.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Yes but you won't have the promo offer you first wanted but you will have P600 of load  :thumbsup:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Yes but you won't have the promo offer you first wanted but you will have P600 of load  :thumbsup:

Once the 600 load is obtained, in any way imaginable, then you

text a code to a specific number and wala you have unlimited talk & text for 30 days.

But most of these promos require you to maintain a balance of at least 5 pesos so keep that in mind when buying load.