My ' Friend' The Dentist

Larry45
Posted
Posted (edited)

I would advise one to seek a female dentist, doctor, or other medical practitioner.  They seem to be a little more sympathetic towards our plight here, as foreigners.  Your chances of getting screwed are much less than with males, who tend to be less professional and seem quite eager to add to whatever suffering we might already have incurred.     :thumbsup:  

Edited by Larry45
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I thought that they all were.

Yes indeed, all my stories are true.  I just need to point that out to the new readers from time to time so thanks for helping with that.  :thumbsup:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I would advise one to seek a female dentist, doctor, or other medical practitioner.  They seem to be a little more sympathetic towards our plight here, as foreigners.  Your chances of getting screwed are much less than with males, who tend to be less professional and seem quite eager to add to whatever suffering we might already have incurred.     :thumbsup:  

Our dentist in town is male, works with no assistant, does not believe in pain killers, and his gear looks like WWII surplus (also for x-rays he sends you into the city).  I found a dentist at the mall, in the city.  She is almost exactly double his prices... but has new gear, her own x-ray machine, and an assistant.  The assistant is a young, cute, girl.  When she holds my head to keep me from moving she crams my head between her breasts... I am not complaining, mind you.  As a dirty old man I quite appreciate it.  :tiphat:

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I would advise one to seek a female dentist, doctor, or other medical practitioner.  Your chances of getting screwed are much less than with males.     :thumbsup:  

The assistant is a young, cute, girl.  When she holds my head to keep me from moving she crams my head between her breasts... I am not complaining, mind you.  As a dirty old man I quite appreciate it.  :tiphat:

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I am not flirting with her... just enjoying the comfort :tiphat:

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I am not flirting with her... just enjoying the comfort :tiphat:

Just joking doing a spin off of Larry's post that I edited.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Larry I agree 100% ..... both of my doctors are women and have excellent personalities where as my surgeon was male and just the opposite .... trying to get info from him was like trying to pull teeth ..... such as when I asked him when I could drive he just said "when I tell you you can" ..... both the female doctors describe in great length the reasons for and why they are giving me certain medication and treatments ..... a world of difference ..... and they don't have the "I am god" complex ..... even when dealing with workers in the hospital ..... in fact I mentioned several times while I was hospitalized to some of the nurses that doctors have a really different attitude when dealing with hospital staff here in the Philippines as compared to the US and I worked in various hospitals in the US for almost 15 years ... they may not have the most up to date equipment but their attitude is much much better ..... JMHO ..... :merrychristmas:     :frosty:

chris49
Posted
Posted

Don't know about you guys, but the person at the bottom of my 'must see' list, is the Dentist.

I only go when I have to and am a nervous wreck until I leave - no matter who it is.

I find them quite good here in Thailand and way cheaper than back in Oz.  

What is the overview in Phils, so I can 'ready' myself'?

The availability is good and they are good in emergencies.

The quality of work is average in my opinion. I had a cap fall off after a year and lucky to salvage the tooth by having the same cap put back on. That tooth, post root canal about 5 years ago has recently become loose and will probably require extraction if ever I get round to it.

I have almost all my teeth but a few restorations, root canals and fillings. My observation is a short life span on all work, again around 5 years.

On anesthesia, a decent Dentist gives you the option, modern air/water drills are highly efficient but if I hold my hand up, I will request the injection.

Teeth cleaning, prophylaxis and hygeine. A decent hygeinist in the USA gives you 2 appointments and does a better job. Filipino Dentist rushes that through in 30 mins.

Ron, not a major problem here, you will find a good Dentist here when the time comes.

• Like 2