Exit Clearance Certficate In Cebu

Recommended Posts

  • 7 months later...
Posted

Hi everyone,

I have a very similar experience as noted above.

Very professional, very courteous, very friendly and above all very efficient.

1 hour in and out.

Now if only some of the other BI offices / staff could learn from these guys :mocking:, it would dealing with BI offices so much more pleasant. Mind you I have no real problems with Dumaguete BI, but the Cebu office was a total new level.

A big THANK YOU to the staff and management.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
Posted
1 hour ago, Nutz2U2 said:

Very professional, very courteous, very friendly and above all very efficient.

1 hour in and out.

So were you here for close to 3 years on a tourist visa?  I just want to be sure that Cebu/Mandaue can do the ECC for a tourist staying 3 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

Hi Dave,

No 18 months on a balikbayan privilege.

You have to enter philippines together with your wife.

Free for the first year then p3k every 2 months renewal.

http://www.philippineconsulate.com.au/balikbayan-one-year-visa-free-stay.html

Hope that helps.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
1 hour ago, Nutz2U2 said:

Hi Dave,

No 18 months on a balikbayan privilege.

You have to enter philippines together with your wife.

Free for the first year then p3k every 2 months renewal.

http://www.philippineconsulate.com.au/balikbayan-one-year-visa-free-stay.html

Hope that helps.

 

I saw the carryon thread of this post first and like your link have not found an official site that explains Balikbayan extensions, now that I see the context of the post...

You have actually done 3, 2-month extensions?

Did they convert you to a tourist visa or extend the Balikbayan?

Did you do the extensions in Duma or Cebu?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
6 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

I saw the carryon thread of this post first and like your link have not found an official site that explains Balikbayan extensions, now that I see the context of the post...

You have actually done 3, 2-month extensions?

Did they convert you to a tourist visa or extend the Balikbayan?

Did you do the extensions in Duma or Cebu?  

After 1 year Dumaguete can't do your exit clearance precheck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

Hi

 

Extensions in Dumaguete,

Exit in Cebu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

Not sure about other Immigration offices, but it seems to me that this particular Cebu office in J. Mall has a more relaxed dress code, and is more accepting of what expats and tourists come in wearing now. I know that the dress code for the Philippine Immigration in general has been relaxed over time overall, but this particular office has employees who are friendly and seem to be more patient, accepting people as they come. Maybe because it's inside a mall, or because Cebu has such a large number of casual beach/resort going tourists, that they are not so strict.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
On 7/24/2016 at 10:02 AM, Nutz2U2 said:

Extensions in Dumaguete,

You have been getting Balikbayan 2 month extensions for p3,000 or they converted you to a travel visa and your on the p3k +/- schedule?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

BB extensions only.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...