Well I Guess I Can Finally Tell It

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Been holding off to keep from jinxing myself but this is the first year we have not had a single caroler or seen not one Aeta or kids begging on the street corners ..... I believe this is a Christmas Miracle in itself .... what is even more amazing is that there is no longer a guard at the entrance to the sub-division ...... in fact we have had less traffic coming into the area then when there was a guard sleeping ..... errrrrr .... I mean watching the front gate .....

Actually I feel a bit slighted as haven't heard "but where is my Merry Christmas" ..... but then it is still early as they can ask right up till January ......  :28:

OK .... SO WHERE IS MY DAMN        :merrychristmas:       :santa dance:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Surprised you're not in the Christmas spirit out there singing your heart out.  Oh hold on, is that someone at your gate.   :hohoho_smiley:

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

My wife shuts our gate and turns off the porch light ha ha.  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

OK .... SO WHERE IS MY DAMN  post-2148-0-00859800-1450955771_thumb.jp           

post-2148-0-00859800-1450955771_thumb.jp OK?

Jack   :28:

How many do you actually want  :hystery:  :merrychristmas:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

You dirty underhanded, belly crawling, no good so and so.............you sent them all to my house!!! :santa_trumpet:  

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Not just you lot, even we have had none at my front door trying to sing, maybe the crap English rain has put many many off, long may it rain

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

its xmas !! Door bell unplugged front lights turned off, which so far has meant no children at the front gate or the neighbours a mile down the road asking for money for food ! and beggars holding babies !

on Tues we had a neighbour asking for money to bail her Husband out  of jail ! 

we goes to the local mall this morning early and there was the neighbour and family at Pizza hut !!

well it was not our money they were spending.

perhaps its because I turned the " Rick Whitey Guy lives here " sign off !! we are getting less visitors than other years !!

seriously guys and gals I want to wish all forum members and the boss man who runs it a happy Xmas

and hope you get all the presents on your list ( sorry guys my wife just bought me the last Ford Mustang !! " :hohoho_smiley:

• Like 5

chris49
Posted
Posted

Please send them my way! They remind me of a simpler time, when we could express our joy and love for the season and the birth of Christ, without being beh...........! Without being sued, without being oustersized by who knows. I came here because the children can still be children. People of faith can show it and there is a balance built in the season that gives way to true morality! Bring on those children wanting to sing the Christmas carols. Even if they are motivated to buy a bowl of rice or a small gift for a Lola, bring on the Christmas music!

Gina had a stash of coins and it's 5 pesos a head for little ones, but only 20 for an older group, 20 for the group, not individual. She kept me well hidden,  but a few who know me were requesting to see me, She gave out a few hundred, but yesterday she went on a strategic outing, visiting a "friend". Friend ended up selling her a few things, but they had lunch so maybe broke even. I sent ut riding and he told me to come back late, so I was free, had small lunch out, and got it free from my cafe owner manager. Gave me a bag of apples and madarins, so ahead there.

I walk the line, I know I'm fairly generous but have to be a bit koriput or act that way. I will have 5 God children coing round today, 200 each, but our kids will probably not get anything, as it goes here.

Please send them my way! They remind me of a simpler time, when we could express our joy and love for the season and the birth of Christ, without being beh...........! Without being sued, without being oustersized by who knows. I came here because the children can still be children. People of faith can show it and there is a balance built in the season that gives way to true morality! Bring on those children wanting to sing the Christmas carols. Even if they are motivated to buy a bowl of rice or a small gift for a Lola, bring on the Christmas music!

Gina had a stash of coins and it's 5 pesos a head for little ones, but only 20 for an older group, 20 for the group, not individual. She kept me well hidden,  but a few who know me were requesting to see me, She gave out a few hundred, but yesterday she went on a strategic outing, visiting a "friend". Friend ended up selling her a few things, but they had lunch so maybe broke even. I sent ut riding and he told me to come back late, so I was free, had small lunch out, and got it free from my cafe owner manager. Gave me a bag of apples and madarins, so ahead there.

I walk the line, I know I'm fairly generous but have to be a bit koriput or act that way. I will have 5 God children coing round today, 200 each, but our kids will probably not get anything, as it goes here.

Larry45
Posted
Posted

I agree that it harkens back to the innocent times of my youth, but the big difference is that these kids (and adults where we live) are not out to spread Christmas cheer with their carols.  If they were, they wouldn't demand payment for services that were not requested.  Last night, we were in bed and trying to sleep and these little extortionists came by.  We have been more generous this year than other years, but we were sleeping and didn't get up to give them a coin.  The result....a barage of insults from these little ungrateful feckers.  That's not exactly what most Christians would consider the true Christmas spirit in this season for giving.   Merry Christmas!   :santa_trumpet:   

• Like 1