The Yearly Congregation At The Gates ( Christmas Is Not Christmas Without Them.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:t07022:  Like the Carol Singers , ( which I And some others seem now to have under control) Christmas would not be Christmas here, without the callers at the gate for the Little hand Out. Like many things you just can't tell how many will call and When but My wife ( bless her) Was Ready with the Kids Goodies all bagged up and the Grown up Stuff Soaps, shampoos etc was at the Ready. Don't know how she managed it but we actually had a comfortable Breakfast with no Interruptions from the gate.

Not Going to go into monetary Details (to me, that just takes the Charity aspect of it away) We are well over the Budget we set But it's OK. Smiling faces and Salamat, Brings home the Fact that it is nice to Give. The Phrase "Charity Begins at Home" 

Sometimes takes on another Meaning  :) It does begin at Home "OUR" Home on Christmas Morning and I tend to think we all, feel better for doing, (No matter how small or large), That little something for those Less Fortunate than we are [probably, never been either] and in many, many cases, not their own fault.

Jack :thumbsup:

Morning All :morning1:  & :merrychristmas:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

There is a kid at the gate as I read this banging a drum, been going on all day. One of the least attractive things about Christmas here.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

There is a kid at the gate as I read this banging a drum, been going on all day. One of the least attractive things about Christmas here.

Unfortunately noise, goes with just about every festivity here. BOY, DRUM, GATE.  for, me, take the Dog for walk ( one of the Big Ones)

Result: Boy, with Drum does a Runner, works every time. Sometimes Scott, we have to be as devious as them. If Boy comes back, Dog Remembers and his stay at the gate 2nd Time is not as he would like.

Of course No goodies. 

Jack :thumbsup:

• Like 2