Pinto Beans

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

I would like to know where I can buy pinto beans 

i live in Kalibo Aklan and looking for a place I can order them and have them shipped to me as I can not find them here in Kalibo  thank you 

Mike S
Posted
Posted

How far from Iloilo do you live .... I have found both canned and dried here in SM Bacolod and Ayala Metro ..... as well as Blackeye Peas which we bought for New Years .....

I've heard that Iloilo SM is bigger and better than the one we have here in Bacolod but I don't know for sure as I have never been there ...... :merrychristmas:

:cheersty:

RBM
Posted
Posted

Well I get lost in SM Bacolod and believe it's huge, better stay away from Ilioilo.

Slightly off topic, was extremely impressed with new Robinsons Galleria bottom Mango Cebu. Although definitely not a mall person this place is inviting and beautifully laid out.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Canned or fresh Jerry? I have seen both I believe at SM and S&R going this week, will keep an eye out for you.

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

I don't know what malls are in Kalibo and what they stock, but nearby Roxas City has a Gaisano mall and grocery (two actually.. one on the Blvd. and one near the major market), a large new Robinson's on the South end of town, and a new City Mall on the N. end that also has a Robinson's grocery store outlet. The public market is also much larger than the one in Kalibo. 

• Like 1

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

Canned or fresh Jerry? I have seen both I believe at SM and S&R going this week, will keep an eye out for you.

Jack

ether one is fine with me but the canned ones last longer they will not sour something they put in the brine but if you wash them off they are fine, please let me know Big Thank You 

forget_it
Posted
Posted

I've seen the beans at SM a few times. Canned, they have brown and white. Not too bad. The dry beans seem to be very old, at least the two times I tried them. Cooked them all day and still crunchy.

I don't even try beans anymore because I can't find corn meal. I keep hearing stories about how they feed it to the hogs here, but I don't know where they get it. One store ordered cornbread mix for me once. It was ground fine as flour and tasted like super sweet cake.

Now I save up my beans and cornbread (and usually collard greens) hankerings until my yearly trip home to get paid and pay taxes :)

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

I've seen the beans at SM a few times. Canned, they have brown and white. Not too bad. The dry beans seem to be very old, at least the two times I tried them. Cooked them all day and still crunchy.

I don't even try beans anymore because I can't find corn meal. I keep hearing stories about how they feed it to the hogs here, but I don't know where they get it. One store ordered cornbread mix for me once. It was ground fine as flour and tasted like super sweet cake.

Now I save up my beans and cornbread (and usually collard greens) hankerings until my yearly trip home to get paid and pay taxes :)

yellow Corn meal i order it for a bakery in Manila it is the one they use for pelonta works great if you use cornbread mix it has a lot of sugar in it