Facebook And Your Death

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

My good friend gave me his Facebook Password a while before his passing.  It was VERY tempting to want to sign on to his Facebook this Christmas and say "I know if you've been bad or good so be good for goodness' sake"

I didn't do it.  Don't give me that look.   :t07022:   I just said it was tempting, but whereas his old friends would see the humor, his relatives probably would not.

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Can anyone explain to me when someone puts some sad new on face book about a death they seem to get lots of likes, whats that about

There is no sympathy button so a like is an acknowledgement of the fact I guess.

A sorry would be better , just my thoughts,

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

So what you are saying is someone with nefarious intent could hack a Facebook account adjust the death clock and kill Jake? 

Oh my!  :attention:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

So what you are saying is someone with nefarious intent could hack a Facebook account adjust the death clock and kill Jake? 

Oh my!  :attention:

Now, that's an idea!  Fake my own death, photoshop my funeral and collect all the money donated......he, he.

If FaceBook had it's own cemetery, my current FB avatar should be proudly displayed above my head:

post-686-0-59084500-1451150325.png

Edited by Jake
  • Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

If I was a member of FB,  I would bequeath a photo posted of my last meal.

Hmmm need to think about that one JB

Jack am I right to assume like me, your not a member?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

John, I seriously doubt Jack is a Facebook member as it's mostly used by older folks. You guys much to hip for that. :28:

• Like 2

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted

Can anyone explain to me when someone puts some sad new on face book about a death they seem to get lots of likes, whats that about

There is no sympathy button so a like is an acknowledgement of the fact I guess.

Get a sense of humour man,

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Get a sense of humour man,