That Filipino Time Thing ( Had A Sting Today)

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Last week, two dental appointments for 10am (like the day it half over), first appointment.  Young dentist first time arrives 10.10am, me'did you sleep in' no reply, no apology.  2nd time - me 'I am going to buy you a watch' reply 'huh'. me 'Why can't you arrive on time and not keep me waiting, my time is as important as yours?"  him - angrily,"so what, you ready to start now?".

Bit my tongue as he was reaching for the drill!

After paying the bill ' you come 1pm next Tuesday, I will have finished my lunch by then, no wait'  I think there is a win hidden there somewhere.???

BobP
Posted
Posted

:unsure: Oooooh! I know I am going to pay for this but WTF, Christmas is all about Visits and meals or parties ( well here anyway)  Yes? So Today we were going to have some old Batch mates of My Wife's up for Snacks this after noon, what time I asked. Oh! they will text.

Food ready? doing it Later Hmmm OK, Rubbish in the sacks ready to put out? They don't come til 10 am. Babe it is 10.20 now,

OK,OK, I will do it. NAH! Jack did it and as I was going to the gate they arrived. So back to the Kitchen, what about this Food, OH it's OK, plenty of time. I have lunch to do First. NAH!  2 pm Rolls up and the Dogs are going Bonkers at the gate. People they don't know. So Jack gets the Dogs in the cages and in they come , not many ( To my Surprise) but.............. Food, just Finished getting Ready but no table laid.

Rush and tear around and then sit and eat a hurried Snax. Me off to the Sori, Sori, attachicon.gifbeer sori sori.jpg While no doubt, I was being blamed for everything being Late. Not taking on 5/6 ladies on my own, Thank You very much.

:hystery:  I know we can moan about this till the Cows come home But.. when will, out ladies Understand that sometimes, Others can and will be on Time? The Text, Azon snorted, I will Look at later, said we will be there at 2 pm as we need to go at 3.15 to Visit some more.

But Guys & Gals, this is going to be my fault even though I have pushed things along as best I can without getting Shirty. 

Message to all Newbies. It is so very true, what you read about Filipino Time.

Tomorrow we have a Friends meet and Timings are set ( Foreigners + Wives) 

What on earth can go wrong? :hystery:

Yeah but don't we just LUVV THEM?

Jack :rolleyes:

Colombians and Filipinos have a lot in common!  My wife is Colombian and many of her family and friends live close by.  If someone invites us to a Colombian party to begin at 8:00 pm...I have learned to get there at 10..at the earliest, so I will be one of the first to arrive.  LOL.  I hate it, but can't change it, so may as well go with it!   :lol:

BobP

:cheersty:

• Like 1