Does Your Feeling Change

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

post-2148-0-38903400-1451178098_thumb.jp No matter how you look at it, it is a merry go Round, The more you give the more they want so the more you Give but apparently, we should Give.

Mainly it is their feelings that will change not Yours and it ain't even New year yet, We got that to cope with.

Funny how a Short word like NO! can change attitudes. Grumpy NAH! just looking realistically toward 2016.

Saying that, after all this Giving, I got to find a bit of Cash for me today.

Jack :thumbsup:

Morning All :morning1:

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Jake you have a way of saying your words that are so meaning but also we can read with a smile too.

By the way the picture is that a picture you took yourself. If so AMAZING

Again, I have a BS in BS with a little bit of soy sauce thrown in......he, he.  As far as the sunset photo, no.....I can not take credit for that. Although Judy's silhouette is quite similar to the photo.  

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

there maybe a few pesso given to the older ones for some fags or even a drink.

The meaning of that particular sentence outside of the U.K can be lost in translation Steve.

I've said the same thing myself here socially and have had some right funny looks amongst the Yanks!

O dear, cigarettes  i ment boys, or if that was the wrong word, red horse was the other

• Like 1

BobP
Posted
Posted

My opinion of the Filipino family I am sorry to say has changed over these last 2 years.

last year the eldest brother died and his family suddenly decided they had no money to pay for the funeral expenses !

bearing in mind they all have good jobs abroad-mining engineers-nurses.

as luck would have it he was a well liked man and his workmates and friends gave thousands of pesos.

but at all saints day not one of his sons visited his grave !needless to say my wife and her younger sister were heartbroken.

Then this year the wifes mother passed away, and the eldest brother now started a row over the cost of the funeral !

without taking into account the thousands we spent during the year for her hospital bills-medicines etc which because I considered her my mother as well I was happy to pay !

I pulled my wife away from the row before I said something !

so you can imagine the feelings now !

we had no family visit us at xmas either !

so the wife and her sister have decided its just us 3 now and one other brother and his family in Legazpi !

lets hope 2016 will be a better year

So very sad to read some of the comments like this one.  I am sure not all families in Phil have these attitudes, but it sure seems to be unfortunately common.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

With me saying No more often and with some members thinking its a game they come back asking again and I go back with No again.

A week or two after I will ask Emma if they had sorted out the problem they was asking the money for.

And it seems they have

stevewool
Posted
Posted

What I am noticing more now is that if I will not give the amount that are asking they will come back at you for less and if that don't work anything will do

So with so many people giving a little each they are getting what they are wanting and knowing you are not going to ask for the small amount back

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

My wife's sisters who live in the States, they didn't know we had planned to move to the Philippines. We kept it to ourselves because the sisters have a jealous streak a mile wide. They get angry and attack the wife on facebook and to family in the Philippines. Long story but anyway, we have been here a couple of months now and they don't like it one bit.

In the last seven years the three sister have sent money to their mom. But on Christmas Day the two sisters back in the states called their mom and told her they could no longer send money. They told her that because my wife is here, she has the sole responsibility of caring for the needs of the mother. They are trying to create a financial hardship for the wife and I, knowing their Mother is 76 and has been sick for a while now. Other family members have started to treat us different as well.

The two sisters are 8 and 9 years older than wife and like to tell a story of how the mom worked and didn't take care of them as children because the Dad had passed, but the Mom remarried and had two more children, one of which was my wife. They had a Dad in their life and the Mom didn't have to work outside the home. Big time jealousy over something my wife had no control over, but it consumes the other two sisters. Anyway, the other to sisters have debt up to their eyeballs and I don't think they will ever come here to stay, at least I don't think they will. But this whole thing has been a real eye opener.

One sister is diabolical and the other quotes Joyce Meyer and the bible, all while trashing us on face book and to family members loyal to their cause here in the Philippines. So I'm kind of wondering if I should pull up stakes and move to my other favorite place, South Korea. My wife can work for the DOD schools system there and my son can get a great education on one of the air force bases. I have a bad taste in my mouth and I can't spit enough to get ride of it. It's really sad, because I like here. What would you folks do?

• Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Sounds like you already know the answer W&M

Pull up sticks and move if you both are happy to do so....just my two cents JB

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

One sister is diabolical and the other quotes Joyce Meyer and the bible, all while trashing us on face book and to family members loyal to their cause here in the Philippines. So I'm kind of wondering if I should pull up stakes and move to my other favorite place, South Korea.

What would you folks do?

Ahh, the step sister syndrome -- I know it well.  I guess there is no point to trash them back.  You can unfriend them and then continue with your plans to get out of dodge (Philippines).  Or are you entertaining the option to move to another island or province?  

I believe your son deserves a more healthy and wholesome environment.  Believe me, if both parents are not happy, the children will suffer one way or the other.  Thank you for sharing this issue of zero Filipino family values regarding extended family members.  

Karma will take over now......respectfully -- Jake

• Like 3