I'm Back!

Bellacissa
Posted
Posted

Did you miss me? :)

I'm finally in Phils and I couldn't be happier to be out of Thailand. Whew...

The condo is not quite ready, so I'm airbnb-ing it until I can move in. So, is hot water in condos not a thing here? Holy freezing showers, Batman.

Other than that, I'm adjusting just fine. I found the mall and the grocery store, and I've nearly got the currency conversion down without looking like an idiot while I try to do math in my head.

Now to figure out this jeepney thing.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

So, is hot water in condos not a thing here? Holy freezing showers, Batman.

Here we generally buy wall mounted water heaters that hang in the bathroom and plug into a wall plug ...... here is a picture of what one looks like .....

post-11-0-53559700-1451263614_thumb.png

:merrychristmas: :28:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

Bellacissa
Posted
Posted

Yeah, that's what we had in Thailand as well. There isn't one in the rental, so I was just curious if it was unusual to find them here. Thanks!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Welcome...............can u remind us what part you move to again?

About the Jeepneys, if you look on the side of the jeep, or at the left and right side of the wind shield, you will see two names (Baclaran-Alabang for example in my area), in the middle you will sometimes see a street name. the names tell you where the jeeps route starts and ends, the street name designates the main road it uses.

Now for the tricky part, in the windscreen sometimes you will see a hand painted placard hanging or stuck on the dash. That will tell you where on that route that particular jeep ends his route.

What I did when I first got here was stand outside on the main street write down the place names, google map them and that gave me a pretty good idea of the routes.

:cheersty:

• Like 3

Bellacissa
Posted
Posted

I'll be in Quezon City. Right now, I'm on Katipunan pretty close to the SM Marikina mall.

Thanks for the hints about the jeepneys. Right outside my building is what kind of looks like a depot with about 20 jeepneys parked under a bridge. I'll go check them out and see if I can figure out which one goes where. Using Google maps is a great idea. :D

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

I'll be in Quezon City. Right now, I'm on Katipunan pretty close to the SM Marikina mall.

Thanks for the hints about the jeepneys. Right outside my building is what kind of looks like a depot with about 20 jeepneys parked under a bridge. I'll go check them out and see if I can figure out which one goes where. Using Google maps is a great idea. :D

Hello Miss Bella!

First of all, we would like to welcome you and your family to the Philippines.  We are hoping that you will continue with your education about PI, using this forum as your bible.....he, he.  We promise not to lead you astray and when it comes to personal safety issues with you and your family, we can get very protective of our female members.  

Please visit us often, we would love to hear your street level experience about Quezon City and Metro Manila in general.  

Stay safe, OK?  Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 3

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Think of cold showers as a cheap thrill.

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Cold shower's Bell,

I thought it was the norm outside of hotel's, large container and a plastic handled pot!

(act's as a toilet flushing pot also) Welcome back and welcome back to the Philippines.

Don't we just love it here in Philippines......well I do :tiphat:

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Katipunan is probably Quezon City's education belt (Ateneo, Miriam, UP).  Transport and amenities should be aplenty.

• Like 1